Prs Custom 22 & Prs Se

After first a little bit misleading topic I decided to start this new, hopefully stable topic :D

Some things have changed since my Singlecut build topic. For example I´m building two guitars.

The first one will be mine, the PRS Custom 22. I put the best I can in this one:

Mahogany body with carved flame maple top (flame maple back?), flamed maple neck with ebony fingerboard,

24.5" scale, Kent Armstrong PAF Plus Special pickups, recessed TOM bridge

The second one will be a value build for my friend, PRS SE (Torero?):

Walnut hollow body with flame maple top (flat), maple neck with IRW fingerboard, 25.5" scale, 2x HB, hardtail bridge,

finish will be some custom paintings (he is not sure yet). We want to keep this guitar under 100€ :D

Feel free to comment and give some suggestions, I just glued the body blank, so anything could change (but hardware)..

B)

Edited by oblaty

Actually Wez is right, but I´m not sure with this one. Shorter scele should make it sound warmer, when I´ll use maple on the back too. I was also considering the 24.75" scale...

As I wrote, I´m open to any suggestions. This is not a "by-the-book" build, it should be fun build :D

remember that gibsons are a tad shorter than 24 3/4" - 24 9/16 and 24 5/8" being more accurate depending on year... so its not really that far out from a gibson scale - which is why PRS advertise it as

"a classic choice for more traditional singlecut players."

They have been offering the 245 models for a few years now... i think it was to rub gibsons nose in it after the single cut battles started :D

Okay I got glued up the body blank for no.2, it is walnut (Juglans Regia, L.), just need to glue on the ears :D

DSC09351.jpg

And finally started working on necks. Scarf joints glued, sanded flat and truss-rod channel routed :D Fretboards are not glued on yet.

DSC09359.jpg

Good Job! I love PRS builds. I like to see if people can make them even more beautiful :D

Thanks, I love PRS too and hopefully this one will be beautiful :D

At least it will be mine and original B)

Actually the second one appears to be superstrat with PRS headstock... we´ll see B)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...