A beauty

Man I LOVE that white!! My next J Bass is going to be white like that (when I finish the strat).

I'm bidding on some mahogany right now for SG and an LP projects this spring. I got my butt kicked bidding on some last week! Hopefully I'll be able to win this stuff. My local hardwood guy can't seem to come up with any mahogany so ebay is so far my only reasonable outlet for it.

Why not try GalleryHardwoods or GilmerWood? Is it $ that is the issue?

No, money is not really the issue for a good quality wood. I do think though I don't need to spend $100 for a single piece of mahogany (I want solid bodies, not 2 piece). I bid up to $98 on several pieces last week (and still didn't get them) and that just seems outrageous for a hunk of wood. When I build my 2 piece bodies I usually don't have more than $10 - $15 in the body wood. Over the summer I was getting one piece mahogany blanks for under $50 including shipping. Unless there really is that much of a shortage of mahogany I think over $50 is just too much to pay. If I was selling my guitars for $1000 a piece I wouldn't care, but I'm trying to keep them affordable and under $750 so the cost of materials is an issue for me.

I'll check both of those sites as I haven't looked at them in several weeks. Thanks!

Well, there are a bunch more companies that sell what you are looking for. Let me know if you aren't able to find what you need. I know everyone has their own preferences - mine is a two-piece body.

Anyway, you should be able to find lots of one piece body blanks - especially mahogany. If those sites don't show it, try exoticwoods.com. They aren't the best for figured woods but are usually good for everything else. The only downside is that they do not show pics like the other sites do.

texas special pickups????? on an SG????? thats weird. that will NOT sound like a gibson at all. but it should be interesting plus the guitar is mad sexy!

It won't sound that far off (when combined). What's going to make a significant difference, IMO, is the bolted neck.