All My Work

Recently another forum member inquired about my builds. (Actually, I think his words were: "Who are YOU and what have you built?" :D )

So after doing some testing with posting pics, here are my builds, long since completed. All are complete builds by your truly except for the Teles, which both have Warmoth necks.

guitars044.jpg

From L to R: Les Paul Jr. My first total build (circa 2000)

Sonic Blue Telecaster, my first construction of any kind (circa 1997)

Les Paul (circa 2007)

Andy Summers B-bender tele (made the bender too)

Red stratish guitar (circa 2009)

center: Chiquita-ish mini (circa October 2010)

What's missing is the Washburn N4 copy I put together which was not available for photos at this time.

I agree on the Les Paul. All of the others are very nice looking builds, but the Les Paul just stands out from the rest and slaps you right in the face. I'm not really a fan of the shape or look of Les Paul's, but that is one that I would not mind owning. Definitely my favorite looking Les Paul.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it means a lot.

I'll get some pics of the Les Paul as soon as I can. It was my first carved top guitar and that was fun to do. Got a couple of those little Ibex curved-bottom planes and some curved scrapers and went to it--no power tools. It was like whittling with a purpose :D . And going slow meant less likeliness of mistakes for me.

The Junior is a really nice sounding guitar. I put a slight neck angle on it (for reasons I can't recall now) and it has a thick neck. It stays in tune better than any electric I've ever owned and the Gibson P-90 sounds so aggressive and punchy. Love that pickup. And an original Badass bridge on there too.

Nice N4 dude. Looks like an ESA body? Ive had a few of those factory blem bodies, built out 3 so far. I also got myself a walnut/wenge N4 from a US dealer this year. Really nice LP jr aswell.

Sam, you've seen that N4 before on the Washburn forum. I had some correspondence with you about cutting a good radius on the neck heel and you were very helpful. I also recently inquired about your double neck progress.

To answer your question, no it's just an alder body I got from Ebay a few years ago. It was a blem (a router boo boo at the trem spring cavity). Finished it with Minwax Tung Oil finish. It has a Dimarzio Andy Timmons is the bridge now and the 59 still in the neck. Sounds awesome and I play that one more than any of the others.

I've seen your walnut/wenge version and I have to say it's even tastier than the korina/koa. I've been tempted to do a walnut bodied N4 myself since I have so much of it, but I'm probably going to do some other guitars first.

You should post some of your builds over here (I've seen the N8 one recently). I've seen them on the N4rum and I think there are a lot of guys here who would enjoy a look.

Sam, you've seen that N4 before on the Washburn forum. I had some correspondence with you about cutting a good radius on the neck heel and you were very helpful. I also recently inquired about your double neck progress.

Ahhh, you must be Greg? :D Yeah I thought id seen it before. IIRC, the back of that neck is very nice indeed. Flame maple with CF reinforcement?

You should do a walnut Body, Im very pleased with the one washburn have made.

SANY0200%20small.jpg

Ive not been doing much this last year really. Got 3 builds on at the minute with very slow progress.