Drak - Rising Sun Steerhead Telecaster

Drak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I haven't checked in on this thread for awhile since it's just sitting here curing, but THANK YOU everyone for the really nice words.

g-2005, you are right.

If I was up with current cutting edge build trends (which I'm not really), I would probably do something along those lines, but I hadn't built anything for three years up until this summer, and the first part of the season was just trying to get a shop put back together, and it's still extremely minimal at this point.

So I was very happy just to be slapping some new stuff out, it's been a long time since I've seen one cross the finish line y'know. :D

And if you're a cranky farty old Tele player, new-fangled **** like sculpted heels damn don't bother you none-much nohow! :D <jk>

Thanks man, appreciate it. :D

See post #22 for the answer, already posted it mostly.

This is a comprehensive shot of most all of my finishing supplies gathered together, if you have any questions about anything you see in the pic, or anything else for that matter, ask away, it's not that hard, or that expensive. :D

GUITAR-0003.jpg

I absolutely love the work you do on your Tele's Drak. I hope one day to come close to your skill with finishing. If there is one thing I have learned on this board, it is from you that you do not need the best or the biggest equipment to make beautiful guitars and to do professional finish work. It is all about the patience you have and the time you devote to learning and practicing.

• 3 months later...

Rising Sun has now been sitting for several months drying and curing, she's ready to be finished up now, I'm going to shoot a lot of detailed pics of the finish(ing) stages showing my lacquer finishing process, she should be done within a few weeks now. :D

Typically, it's used to pigment A/B epoxy, but I have used it for bursting on occasion.

Most people remember this old chestnut, Blue Star Tele,

with it's mix of spalted Maple figure, pure spalt, and bark inclusions filled with colored epoxy.

BLUESTARTELE15.jpg

That is my favorite Telecaster in the whole world. It is inspiring. :D