Bubinga Mini Lp-ish

Want to hear something funny?

The push/pull pots that come with the EMG split coil pups does not even come close to fitting into this guitar..seriously,they stick out by nearly 1/2" :D

So that I guess was a back handed way of solving my wiring issue...since these pots don't fit,I have to use mini switches to split the coils...I know exactly how to do that,so cool..

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get one of these for the Superthin. The body is 15/16" thick, and this thing is listed as needing a 3/4" cavity. With everything being mounted on a p/g, this will leave 3/16" room to spare. It ain't much, but it's enough.

I was looking at the wiring possibilities with it. If I can manage to squeeze in a phase switch, it'll leave me with a very versatile ax. RAD's pups always sound good, limba sounds good, as does Spanish cedar, so the whole thing should turn out great.

Cool, I'm always up for new things, sounds good, I like the 2K because I paint one day only and it is very durable. I'm thinking about re-finishing my blue PRS, since it lost almost all the blue tint on the toner coat (freaking weird, it is the first time that it happens to me). The guitar is waiting for me to get back, so lets see how much I feel like stripping and re-painting it once I get back.

Okay..final front pics.I have done a complete set up on it and it plays like a dream,but I am still going to have to rewire the new toggle in when it gets here(low profile) and figure out where to put the battery.To be honest I would rather just go with passive pups if I could find some that look as good as these,just to get rid of the battery.anyone know any good rail type humbuckers with splittable coils and black covers?

But the front is final and I got some good pics,but after I get everything finished completely I need to re buff...I missed alot of scratches and I added new ones during assembly :D

The sun is picking up the amber overtones..it is really more red in person

l_ede9202ce9804df8941616a231e96bc7.jpg

l_f5923b39eec84127927b2bf614a4ebf1.jpg

l_f9a021a5ac9546bea5f010180aa1b639.jpg

l_2119e14dadfe475bbde265b870a878c4.jpg

l_55d7497b2c444a929e916ad11fc4480c.jpg

These just aren't the same as the standard series.They are not nearly as good and they don't have the same volume either.

I don't want to add a bunch of stuff to try and make these work.They just aren't the right ones for the job.I think they might sound good on the limba explorer I am building though...

Thanks dudes..

I got it all re-assembled with better pickups...I used a Duncan Invader at the bridge,and a Duncan Distortion(neck version) at the neck...I ran it through one volume,one tone,a three way toggle(low profile,but still barely low enough.),and two on/on/on mini switches set up as series/single coil/parallel....and it is AWESOME..

What a difference those pickups make,and now I have more combinations than I did with the EMG coil taps anyway..15 combinations if I am correct?

Buffed it out better while I had it apart,and added a phenolic cavity cover..it is too thick,but I like the material.I am going to order some thinner stock and use it on all my guitars..

I also shielded and grounded everything,so it is whisper quiet at high gain and incredible volume through my Engl stack..

And surprisingly enough(even to me),it is now the best sounding and best playing guitar I own or have ever owned...

Tomorrow I will post new pics in the daylight.