Awwww An Ickle Baby!

i had a pice of 5" wide flame maple and didnt know what to do with it. so i thought id make a little baby Holly.

it will be 20" scale length with nashville tuning (basically the octave strings of a 12 string guitar if you dont know)

heres a photoshop

babyholly-1.jpg

and here it is next to a full size one

03-1.jpg

I was just thinking about a really short-scale mini-ax this morning. I was envisioning a mandolin-like pitch, but with a neck wide enough for my huge hands to be able to play.

I hate trying to keep them in tune... every little guitar I have ever played/owned has been fickle about tuning.

04-1.jpg

Nice!

got a bit of colour on

it looks darker in this pic because of the flash

06-1.jpg

this is a bit more like it is

07-1.jpg

its gonna be an almost opaque black/dark brown on the back and sides, running over onto the top to hide the two little bits of maple that were stuck on the get the width right

I think I've finally seen your headstock clearly enough to understand what's going on in it.

Correct me if I've got this wrong. The business edge where the tuners mount is a uniform thickness along the edge till it is past the last tuner. Then it curves into a greater thickness and bevels back in that signature contoured shape you do. I was always under the impression that the back three tuners were on a different level than the first three and wondereded how you dealt with the issues that would create.

I've always been a fan of your headstocks....well, the entire builds actually. :D

SR

• 2 weeks later...