My First, Very Amateur "build"

Hey guys.

A couple of years ago, I bought all the parts necessary to build a guitar on eBay. I done it as cheap as possible, as it was going to be my first build.

I've been doing some work on it recently, and it hasn't turned out too bad!

The staining was TERRIBLE, I messed it up big time....but ended up being happy with the results! I actually love how it looks now.

I'm waiting on some copper tape to shield the cavity, then just to solder and it'll be done.

Here's a couple of pics (the finish is done...haha, just wanted to point that out):

Edited by ashleypower

Links don't work for me. How about some photobucket or similar? I love seeing budget builds.

The staining was TERRIBLE, I messed it up big time.
I understand it's not like you originally intended, but I like it.
...but ended up being happy with the results! I actually love how it looks now.
... and that's the most important thing.

• 5 weeks later...

Little update here...

I've just filled the cavity with copper tape, been reading that eliminates unwanted "buzz".

One question that I have is, with a multimeter, how can I check for continuity?

My multimeter doesn't have a "continuity" setting, so I'm assuming that I use the ohmmeter.

Again, I'm new to this, so what should I be looking for / doing to make sure that the tape is doing it's job (using the multimeter)?

Set your meter to the lowest ohm setting and put one of the probes on the ground of your output jack and with the other probe check that all you have close to (< 1 ohm) to the rest of the ground points, and of course the copper shielding, in your circuit.

Keith