Rhythm King

For some reason it looks like the neck is pointing too low...Is that just a trick of the camera?

yep

I'm giving serious consideration to a blend pot instead of a toggle switch. I wanna stick it on the front of the lower bout, where the cutaway usually is. Then just a single V & T down where they usually are.

For some reason it looks like the neck is pointing too low...Is that just a trick of the camera?

I like the overall look.

i thought the same, but it seems to be caused by the tailpiece, which i think is just laid in slightly the wrong place at the moment

wip641.jpg

trying to do the wiring today

the post for the V pot is too short

I don't have any long-post pots

crap

I need to make a small order anyway, but still......

I ran into the same problem on the buck guitar... i'm impatient at times, so I flattened the anti rotation lug to get enough height to get the nut and washer on.... I know, it will loosen over time... but man i wanted to hear it play lol...

Don't it just figure.

I finished wiring it up yesterday. When I plugged it it I got nothing. It had the hum of something plugged in, but nothing else. :unsure:

It'll just have to wait until I come back from Mexico. I don't have the time to futz with it anymore right now.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have plenty of time today to futz with it. Not that it matters.

When I have wiring like this that looks like it's done up right but is still dorked up, I take it all apart and start from square-one, putting one component in at a time and testing it every step of the way.

1) pups are good to go by the volt meter

2) wire pup directly to the jack

nothing

:huh:

2) wire pup directly to a different jack

nothing

:huh::angry:

2) wire OTHER pup directly to a jack

nothing

:angry: :angry:

No idea, so I'll be taking it to a shop and make them do it.

Now where's the fun in THAT?!? guitar wiring is painfully simple. If you're getting nothing from the jack, it must be grounding out along the line somewhere.

Try wiring direct to a cord from the pups. If that works, you know it aint the pups. did you use sheiding tape?

Dude.... that was steps 1 & 2. :huh:

So anyway, it's County Fair time again. I screwed it all together and threw on some pots so it would at least look like it was done. I'll be taking this and some other things and entering them this morning. I figure to take it to have it wired up next week.

wip67.jpg

wip68.jpg

wip69.jpg