Neck Thru 7 Something

andyt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What'd really be neat is if you made a ZR cover to go along with the stripes of the neck :D

Don't know, I'm thinking trying to match up the neck & the covers..& the back plate might look off

Sat around trying to decide what colour & finally just got on with it. Needed to be something to go with the Paduk

Brown sandback

IMG_20111102_150620.jpg

Coat of orange, then straight on top with yellow

IMG_20111102_153627.jpg

More brown for a burst

IMG_20111102_154543.jpg

IMG_20111102_161625.jpg

Cheers all

Good call and it's gorgeous. I'm assuming you airbrushed on the brown dye burst?

SR

No just rubbed in on, might have to get an airbrush - never tried one

Gave the top a quick spray to seal in the maple before I do anything to the back on Fri, then the rain came pouring down so had to stop

IMG_20111106_142619.jpg

Thought I'd string it up to check out

IMG_20111106_153013.jpg

Forgot how easy ZR's are with the thumbwheel tension

IMG_20111106_154626.jpg

First thing I saw were the post inserts for the trem. A few long bolts would have both masked them off and provided a great pair of mounting points! :D

Had some bolts but they weren't quite long enough to attach anything to without being too close to the top of the guitar. The bandsaw cutoff gave good access to the top + had to spray while it wasn't raining. I like to give the posts some clear overspray it fills the threads up a little and stops the post rattling like using plumbers tapelaughhard.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I watched the YouTube video. I think it's time for you to take up inlay, as you've clearly mastered everything else. Now that you have a little extra time on your hands, maybe you should build a bed. Or just make your bed. :D

Seriously, you've probably already got my vote for guitar of the month, if I can get over that pink cord.

I just saw this in the GOTM thread.

That is some nice work! The back of that guitar is stunning! I don't know if it was intentional or not (I'll give the benefit of the doubt), but the colors come together perfectly. Very, very nice. :D