Project S9 Continued...

As for the guitar having a funny vibe. Yeah it has a real "thing" going on...you can feel it while working on it. I can see the finished guitar in my head and I hope it turns out close.

Yea, it stands out a mile. It one of those gitirs you see in a store & just have to buy, its like a chick wit a 32GG chest - you just want to get your hands on it.

Bad motors are a posability, place I used to work in went tru 4 in the space of 10 days. Needless to say the managers were not happy :D turned out the magnets had de-bonded from their casings on all of them & got mangeled.

do you fint it a good machine otherwise ?

Machine is good enough for hobby work... but if I want to up production it has to go. It is just not tough/fast/strong enough for 16 - 20 guitars a year.

I think I am going to replace it with http://www.camaster.com/StingerI.html this year.

Machine is good enough for hobby work... but if I want to up production it has to go. It is just not tough/fast/strong enough for 16 - 20 guitars a year.

I think I am going to replace it with http://www.camaster.com/StingerI.html this year.

You keep buying them and then in a few years when you find an awesome one the rest of us will go with it!

You keep buying them and then in a few years when you find an awesome one the rest of us will go with it!

I wish someone would have done that for me. The first one had to be cheap... The next one needs to work. Since I don't really need any other new tools for next season this is the year to do it.

Woe. I can do 20+ gitirs in a year by hand if i realy need to. I saw those camasters on line, Was looking at romax aswell. But the shipping would make it unviable. I need to find a strong machine over here in ireland for those prices. Kinda got sick of quotes of €15000.00 for the platform minus the pc & routing head. Givin up for a while but I will be looking again by summer.

When you rush you mess up. I have glued together bent veneers before, I have done it when they are wet… in the summer at 105 degrees F. Never in the winter. I figured it would be ok and I really needed to get something done other than setup my saw. The raw glue around the edges after 14 hours drying in the house didn't disturb me. I have done this a million times and puddles of glue always take forever to dry.

IMG_20130310_113325_zps5dbcaf87.jpg

What I did not account for was the large amount of water still trapped in the veneers. I am assuming that the trapped water diluted my glue and slowed the curing process. This is the resulting disaster.

IMG_20130310_120300_zps0392aa09.jpg

Though I am pissed about wasting all the time I am glad that the neck told me it didn't like the idea of 4 veneer backstrap. Thanks murphy. I have since remedied this with a 2 veneer backstrap that should look much better.

Drilling the jack cup. I am trying a different location on this one. The idea is to use an angle jack and tuck it into the strap. I used to use a strap jack years ago but I have grown very fond of strap locks in recent years. We will see how this works.

IMG_20130316_142158_zps0b26dc74.jpg

IMG_20130316_141841_zps51432ee4.jpg

IMG_20130316_142209_zps5f5b954d.jpg

The blades in these pickups took forever to get right. After a while I figured out that they fit so tight that the rough sanding edge was making them impossible to get out of the bobbin. So I buffed the edges of the blades and they slide right out...

Here is what they will look like in the body.

IMG_20130323_125644_zps2c793f0f.jpg

IMG_20130323_125639_zps14adf5e3.jpg

IMG_20130323_125635_zpse35a6dc8.jpg

IMG_20130323_125628_zps596788c3.jpg