Oblaty´s Guitar Projects

Hey guys, I don´t have time to post here pics very often so I decided to make this thread for me to show you mine builds.

Recently I have finished this HSH mahogany strat

It has 24.75" scale, very thin neck and action low as possible - this is because of customers´ "short and fat" fingers :)

Body is made of old stock african mahog and neck is carpathian violin grade flame maple

pickups are 2x SD HS4 and single SD antiquity, tremolo is fender and tuners are locking schallers..

oh and not to forget, it is lefty

now some pics :)

first coats of sanding sealer

549977_585428284819276_2139608784_n.jpg

neck from the back ;-)

479856_585967774765327_1738311843_n.jpg

and there she goes finished

http://sphotos-g.ak....894110735_n.jpg

44446_590784910950280_464895194_n.jpg

Edited by oblaty
  • Like 3

The neck joint really is very nice..looks much cleaner without that small bit of wood between the neck and the neck pup and lets you keep the neck heel nice and square

yup, it was done because of the shorter scale... customer said: I want that neck pup as close as possible to the neck, and the bridge pup as far from it as possible.

After I saw it coated in that satin sanding sealer I did not want it glossy, but that was just mine opinion :)

I agree about how it looked under sanding sealer. Still, it turned out fantastic either way. I've been somewhat tempted to do a Strat-ish guitar using the endless pile of thermo-treated Birch in the shop ("cooked", "baked", "caramelised", "basted at gas mark 6 for four hours") ever since Guthrie Govan advocated its use in his guitars. The fact he travels around the globe with his guitar between all kinds of climates proves that it does have some use.

Anyhoo. GOTM her and remember to flip the photos the right way around. *cough* :wOOt

Anyhoo. GOTM her and remember to flip the photos the right way around. *cough* :wOOt

I love those jokes about the "right way" :D but I am not sure about GOTM... I´ll just wait and try to enter it with my own design guitar :P not sure about strat being a guitar of the month.. it´s just too common guit :)