Pots 500K Vs 1 Meg

Stiffy

All that wiring is such a mess. My friend was not listening and pot wont turn down. The pots are 500k. After I installed the p90 sized dimarzio super distortion in. It sounded powerful, but bought a 1 meg volume pot. I can go 1-10 but dose not have the power. It actually sounds 50% less sustain and loudness than the 500k pot in the bridge. I did install 500k in the strat it sounds way better than the 250k.

1-2 meg for humpbucker is that just going backwards vs 500k. I have used both torress and guitar fetish pots.

I suspect he is trying to relay his experience,and that this is his own topic...but that he is about as incoherent as he can be.

I "think" he is recommending against 1 meg pots...I would suspect "powerful" means trebly...but I am also not sure what he is talking about

I have a hard time believing that you are actually genuine with your queries. Familiarity and humour is fine however you come across like a bit of an idiot. By all means prove me incorrect, please. A lot of very capable people give their time freely to help out so do respect that.

• Like 1

I am finding this threads comments by "Stiffy" more and more objectionable as well as incoherent!

If English is not your native language then please say so. We then might be able to help you but you are coming across as a complete moron who looks like they are just trying to cause trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

All warning points bogus. The 1st warning point 2005 reason other.

2 warning points abusive behavior. Abusive behavior really? I post something to see if anybody knows the pot thing. You're not mod worthy. Read the entire thread all I got trolled by you and other member(s)

I crack pretty harmless joke in return and I'm like some kind of monster. Please all I want is feed back on the pots. I'm not playing any games if you don't have the answer to my thread why bother posting?

Lest you have not SINNED DON'T cast THE FIRST STONE. everybody would read what they wrote=would know I didn't do anything wrong. All I want my question answered Is 1 or 2 meg volume pots is even worth swapping over 500k? On a les paul.

You are the one getting angry for people responding... And your original post did NOT have that question. It was a statement that you "used" them.

As pros said, make the choice based on what you have observed. It is all opinion. Not "it will or wont work". It will all "work".

• Like 1