progress pics of my explorer

jimmyb

F1000020.jpg

F1000022.jpg

F1000023.jpg

ok its my first attempt at building or even modding because im only 15!! im a bit embarresed cause you guys are like experts!!

anyway, so yeah ive cut out the body and sanded. ill be doing a shitload more sanding though. ill be routing and starting the neck later as more money comes!!

oh and another thing...dont take notice of the neck pocket region...i havnt even touched it so its not like done or anything!!

ok any help and comments are appreciated!

laterz

jimmyb

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's wicked jimmy. the wood you are using looks really nice too and it should have a really interesting sound. keep up the good work brother.

Looks Great!!! Just take your time doing the rest of it and it will turn out great. If you get tired while working on it, STOP!!!!! I see this alot with younger builders, the tendency is to get sloppy as the project gets closer to completion. if you find yourself thinking "that's good enough" stop what you're doing and take a break

Looks Great!!! Just take your time doing the rest of it and it will turn out great. If you get tired while working on it, STOP!!!!! I see this alot with younger builders, the tendency is to get sloppy as the project gets closer to completion. if you find yourself thinking "that's good enough" stop what you're doing and take a break

thats a great point.

that is exactly why my previous project took 8 months to complete..... but it was pretty brutal and extreme modding stuff, but yeh its vital to take your time

:D

Roman

nice looking! how you going to finish it? and what wood is that!

hey thanks for the comments every1...makes me feel good ay! :D

anyway snork, im gonna finish it in olympic white like James Hetfields explorers..all black hardware..

the wood is melleluka.....im probably the first person to ever use it for a guitar...my uncle is a carpenter and chose it for me cause he said it has similar properties to mahog(very heavy and solid!!)

ok cheerz

BUMP hehehe

Looking good! Did you use the plans from www.guitarbuild.com? looks like it, and if so, how did you print them to full size?

ok thanks for the comments y'all....soo nice...thanks B)

anyway about youre question. yes i used the bolt-on esp explorer CAD from guitarbuild.com. the file is called bolt-on explorer(explorer13_pub.dwg).

getting it to full size was hard at first, but then i realised that if i just use some common sense and logic i will do it. i printed out the CAD drawing with the measurments on it, on A4 size. then i looked at the numbers they gave me. those numbers are the exact dimensions of the guitar. i measured one side of the guitar on the A4 paper and worked out how many times i would have to times that number by to get the original number...... then u just have to blow the A4 sheet but 'how many times you need ti times it'

ok that may seem like a silly way to do it, but thats how i did!! :D

anyway thanks for all ya great comments...keep em coming!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't worry Hotrock, I'm 15 too, and my first guitar is playable, but not much more.... Though that'll be better after some fixing.

Nice explorer man! Keep us posted.

(My next project will be an explorer body from scratch and a strat-to-explorer neck conversion....)