Any help will do

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Ok, I have a friend in the navy. I may never get to see her again, so I want to build her a guitar. She plays a Jem, and is a huge Kirk Hammett freak. So I have some ideas. Thanx for the Kisakae Link.

KHJEM.jpg

KHSTRAT.jpg

Any suggestions welcome. Go ahead and post more pic ideas too. I want it to be quick, but still special.

I'd do a double neck JEM 7 string bottom, 12 string top, 5 piece laminated necks, tree of life inlay with fiber optics. Body 7 piece laminated, with abalone inlay all over it. Rotating, sliding pickups with software configurable filtering, built-in wireless system.

Or, maybe just the JEM you drew up. Whatever is easiest.

One of Kirks guitars has a hard maple body. I've been wanting to build one for a while to see how it sounds. I don't think it's the KH-2 though (I think that one is Alder?). If you go with one of Kirk's, are you going to do the skull and crossbones inlay? The skulls are pretty easy but the crossbones are very, very difficult.

If I already had a JEM as my favorite guitar I wouldn't be happy to get another one at all, because I would not have a use for it. A 7-string JEM would be great though because it is a guitar she likes but which is different enough from the JEM she already owns to justify it.

P.s.: Dont talk about Kirk Hammet in my presence....he should rather learn to play guitar first....I think James Hatfield is a far superiour musician and he should get a really good lead player....Kirk Hammet is average at best.

I think you have Hammet and Hetfield mixed up...at least I hope you do....

Certainly not. James Hetfield is one of the best singers arround and composed countless masterpieces like Master of Puppets, Nothing else matters, Unforgiven, etc. which will always be classics in the history of rock. The riffs Hetfield composed dramatically influenced the way every metal guitar player plays.

To the contrary Kirk Hammet invented absolutely nothing. What did he bring to guitar playing and music in general what wasn't there before? Do you think he would have gotten famous without joining Metallica? He plays mindless pentatonic wanking solos like every average guitar student can and plays his stuff so untight live that it's ridiculous. Simply an average player....

well maestro...all the guitar greats can play each other's music...there is nothing he can play that other greats can't,but there is nothing the other greats playthat he can't either,except possibly the guys like yngwie or vai that are much morefocused.

what you must realize abouthammett is that he WAS unique at one time,and he was such an influence that now everyone has worked to master hisstyle and take it to the next level.

granted his leads are very similar.but the relentless repetativeness and looping runs in his solos really appealto a certain amount of guitarists.

i really enjoy his early work,and i think he has stagnated with metallica and become complacent.but who else can you imagine in the early albums

but i almost wish he had stayed with exodus.they have evolved much more and he would have been able to become what he could have been.

go wes lol

Actually, Kirk wrote the original riffs for Enter Sandman, and we alllllllll know how popularly annoying that one got >.< Nonetheless, it was a good riff. If you look in the credits to a lot of the songs, Kirk actually was involved in the writing of many of them. Not just the solos.

I think I know too much about this band >.< its unhealthy.

annnnnnnnnnnyway, sorry about the add to the hyjak.

I vote for the ouija JEM now :D

Litchfield, its your friend, you give her something special that she will appreciate and take care of it

Also, if it could take up less space than a regular guitar, that would be great too. So, my wish would be for something like a Steinberger.

Go ahead and get ideas from other guitars, but build her a custom body shape, smaller than average, but still cool. The more original it is, the more she'll appreciate it.

skibum5545

P.S. I am talking kinda uninformed, so if anyone knows where i can get a pic of an OUIJA JEM thatd be nice.