Knightro Guitars 2016

10 hours ago, KnightroExpress said:

That is way too cool! Further proof that EMGs sound like EMGs regardless of where you put them. :P

Them's fighting words.

The age-old comparison of active pickups vs passive pickups mounted in garden tools will be the next battle ground in the Tonewood Debate.

• Like 1

That shovel video is just freaking awesome!! The wedge guitar is coming along lively!

I can not wait till you get that headless guitar build going, I don't think I have seen one of your designs I haven't really liked yet!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KnightroExpress said:

That wasn't meant as a dig at EMG (haha see what I did there), they just seem to have that distinctive sound no matter where they are. I'm certainly not against active electronics, it's all about finding the right solution for your application.

It's all good. I had tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I take it you've gone ahead with the Mera hardware?

The frets on the limba guitar have been polished and I'm going to start the final sanding process in a bit. Pictures of sanding aren't very interesting though, so I'll spare you the loading times and take some pics pre- and post-finish. 

In the meantime, here's an update for the headless 8. I routed the channels for the truss rod and carbon fiber reinforcement bars. 

IMG_20160428_151716_zpsddppyore.jpg
IMG_20160428_151934_zpseqhsmzy1.jpg
IMG_20160428_153652_zpsjkuuqmbc.jpg
IMG_20160428_160609_zpsiqcex32z.jpg
IMG_20160428_161115_zpsbcisxvj9.jpg
IMG_20160428_163301_zpsq3yc7pff.jpg
IMG_20160428_163316_zpsgs89e1tp.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

Very nice as always KnightroExpress! 

Question: which carbon fiber rods do you use? Are all carbon fiber rods the same? 

I found some really cheap ones on eBay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5PCS-2mm-x-500mm-Round-Carbon-Fiber-Rods-Sticks-Bars-For-RC-Airplane-Matte-Pole-/161917803181?hash=item25b30d9aad:g:~20AAOSwcOFWbo5b as I can't find any suppliers that stock in here in down under.