Star Guitar

Invader Zim

Have not, but that first pic... you should be able to easily make a full size template based on it.  use fret2find here to generate the right scale frets pdf, open with photoshop or paint or whatever, scale up the image until the fretboards match and voilla. 

I've done quite a bit of template hunting just for fun and have not seen this one so... might be a bit of a long shot otherwise.  (here's hoping you find what you need!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmm, you will only be able to play Loudness on that. 

My first guitar was a custom explorer with a large headstock Strat neck that somebody had made. It also had an arm bevel just like a strat. Years later I decided to take a jigsaw to it and make it into a star just like this. You would think it an abomination, but the Strat neck still looked amazingly ok on it.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is a BEAUTIFUL design. I like that the points are more severe than some of the other star shaped models from the 80’s. The guild flying star 84 was a cool one too! Do you sell these bodies? Or would you happen to have a template for this design. I would love to build one like it!

17 hours ago, Gregore said:

This is a BEAUTIFUL design. I like that the points are more severe than some of the other star shaped models from the 80’s. The guild flying star 84 was a cool one too! Do you sell these bodies? Or would you happen to have a template for this design. I would love to build one like it!

@R'lyeh,  Zombie post most likely you will not get a reply.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 10:11 PM, Gregore said:

This is a copy of the ESP Kami/Star.  I sent the color file to the local print shop and simply had them enlarge the image by xxx% so the final image would measure 12.75" from the 12th fret to the bridge line. I cut the image out and that was my template. Super simple and easy to do when you have a solid reference measurement to work with.

• Like 3

On 3/18/2022 at 7:49 AM, Invader Zim said:

This is a copy of the ESP Kami/Star.  I sent the color file to the local print shop and simply had them enlarge the image by xxx% so the final image would measure 12.75" from the 12th fret to the bridge line. I cut the image out and that was my template. Super simple and easy to do when you have a solid reference measurement to work with.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna necro post here for a bit of background that may useful. ( See the Ice-Stroyer thread. )

From the start this was about the original 21 fret Charvel Star guitars. I wanted a guitar in the spirit those guitars.

I like the ESP Kami motif and the image I used was of a Kami model with a very square on front view.

Weight, balance and hand position were very much in my thoughts. Two changes that made sense for me was to shift

the neck to have a standard bolt-on 16th fret join and a thinner body thickness of 1.1875".  This guitar is for Thrash Metal

so the glory is in the MIDS. A maple neck, slim mahogany body and an OG Dimarzio X2-N guaranteed a good time.

Original quick concept sketch to get my cuts figured out with the wood on hand. The pickup, and the bridge from my

OG Schecter Dream Machine in situ.

1st sketch 27dec19  HArdtail.jpg

882975678_X2-N79.jpg.bc14a717eeeca4935df6149749414036.jpg

976571483_Star79concept.jpg.e21dfab8bf60870ebf8a40dfc327aa6e.jpg

Edited by curtisa
Re-oriented images as requested