Strap Buttons

k, i'm just gonna go ahead and do what i thought anyway, but once again, i'm wondering if anyone else has had major problems with strap buttons coming loose.

i'm just gonna put a decent amount of wood glue or white glue on the end of the screw and stick it back it, but i would really like to get something like what's on the back of lex's guitar, the way the neck is held in. sorry, it's really late and i played a 3 hour set tonight and can't think of what they're called...

if anyone knows what i'm talking about and can help me find something, no rush or anything, just if you happen to know it offhand lemme know. don't go looking or anything.

or if you have another suggestion other than the glue thing, that'd be helpful too.

Careful of longer screws.. You still want to pre-drill for these holes to avoid any possible cracks or splits. Longer screws will also leave an area (where the old screw was) that isn't well sealed and will allow mositure in over time. This can create all sorts of issues. Longer screw is an ok temporary fix...but you'll want to install a permanet fix as soon as possible.

ferrules! that's it! kay. ima try the toothpick/glue trick on one of my guitars having that problem, then on the guitar i care about i'm gonna dig up some small brass ferrules or something of the like to put in and see if that works.

ferrules are the countersunk metal thingies that are used instead of a neckplate. What you're looking for are threaded inserts, available at most (if not all) hardware stores. Just make sure your bolt isn't too long for the insert, that's all.

Speaking of inserts, what size does one need for the neck of a guitar (inside thread/diameter)? To avoid further highjacking, email me (if u want) at skibum5545@hotmaill.com :D

Guitars aren't for looking at they're for playing, just make new holes

words of satan...

okay that is enough...i am going to start deleting all of those ridiculous posts as soon as i see them

if i have to delete too many then i will take further steps

:D Woah, power rush

Lol, just Yanking your chain

haha...btw i am referring to the real nordic god...this is the third or fourth post of his in a row that had no place.i just want to make sure we don't go back to the old ways of a few weeks ago when you couldn't make a topic without the thread getting littered with junk