High End Build - this one is gonna take a while

That one has echoes of the Gibson moustache with a Juan Hernandes hole, yet it doesn't immediately pop up through an image search so your design is both classic and unique.

• 8 months later...

Wow. 8 months. I didn't realize it'd been that long.

I stopped working on this one because I'm a little terrified that I might have screwed up the shell binding. I'm afraid I left it too proud, and when I sand it flat I'll go right through the pretty part. So fear led to inaction.

In the meantime.... (Beverly Hillbillies theme) Tax man said "Boy, I'm gonna take your dough!" So we're loading up the truck and moving to Tupelo. Mississippi, that is. Elvis's home, low taxes.

image.thumb.jpeg.25878fc1d6ee7d9312bb9a479cf8523b.jpeg

We just can't afford to live in Illinois any longer. Wifey works out of the home, and I drive linehaul for FedEx, so I can work almost anywhere. Property taxes are about 15% of what we're paying here. Cost of living is about 25% below us, gas is $1/gal less, and you get a lot more bang for your housing buck.

Once we're fully moved in and the shop is set up, I've dedicated myself to getting over my self doubt and finishing up this one, the Kelly, the StraTele, the church guitar, and the Aelita. It prolly won't be until the Fall. We're hoping to put our house up for same May1 and be in Tupelo a couple of weeks after. Our realtor is confident that with the upgrades wifey made to the interior, it'll sell for top dollar and give her a $50K profit over what she paid for it.

In any event, I'm likely to continue to be mostly absent for the next few months.

End of Line - Tron Wiki - ''TRON'', ''TRON: Legacy'', and more

• 2 weeks later...