An oddball build

3 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

I think the river mark is a fairly new thing. That being said, I know close to nothing about bikes!

Yes, fairly new. From 1870 :D

Well, actually from 2021, but apparently they used similar symbol already in 1800's.

https://www.kawasaki.eu/en/news/_Kawasaki_unveils_new_River_Mark_corporate_identity_symbol?Uid=093EUAxYXw5QXlxdUQ1eXF4LXwkKDA0OUAoNX1tQC1FbCQs

• Like 1

Got some dye on, it's a mixture of Angelus turquoise and light-blue diluted slightly in some acetone. He want's it blue/aqua which the turquoise colour does look like but I think by the time the lacquer is on it will be a bit green so that's why I did a mix. I'm hoping the addition of the lacquer yellowing will add the touch of green rather than go too far. 

Fortunately I mixed up plenty because I've found a couple of scratches that I need to fix and restain.

image.thumb.jpeg.4e714ef8e39fa3561823a1f86589b6aa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a193fa24f7171dda86cc5f9d9c1e8e8f.jpeg

• Like 4

Althoug not being a great fan of blue wood I must say that it looks beautiful! It makes me think of a crystal clear mountain lake mirroring a cloudless sky on a bright day either in Spring or Autumn when the breeze is crisp.

The lacquer may change that to a Caribbean Sea effect. That reminds me of another build with a burst that looked like a photo from a jungle beach.

• Like 1

I second Bizman - looks like crystal, picturesque water. If I didn’t know any better, you could have taken a photo of water and cut it out / photoshopped to look like the colouring of the guitar 😆

Even the book match seam is nearly invisible. Beautiful start to the finish (pun incidental…)

Well if it turns out anywhere near as nice as you two are describing then I will be very happy!

Restain done, I got some sealer on the top and you can see a touch of that green has started to come through from the cellulose. Neck is glued on and I shall do any sanding touchups needed on the sides/neck and get some clear coat on it.

image.thumb.jpeg.c0b4f84cb2ae784624f8a981d53d7846.jpeg

• Like 1