An oddball build

19 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

Now the question is... Is it a double cut, a single cut or a no-cut? 

How about a barely cut?

It's certainly unorthodox, but not exactly unsettling shape, kind of organic. And the way the F-hole reflects the curves enhances it a lot. It'll create some aesthetic challenges for you, but with your skills I know it's going to end up looking hot!

SR

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 2:53 AM, ADFinlayson said:

Now the question is... Is it a double cut, a single cut or a no-cut? 

Didn't I already answer this? I mean, I did and even added a picture. Obviously I didn't submit it!! 😳

Anyhow, I'd vote for single cut, because there's only one negative curve in the upper bout. The upper bass side has some resemblance with a D'Angelico Deluxe Atlantic, don't you agree:

image.png.2f7310193c06fa36fdc989768944b548.png

Aside from that, to me the design looks like a template having been outlined several times and the overlapping parts (plus some for continuity) have been left.

image.png.d62dfb42fef8ff10f44d660e2e6a6381.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

Didn't I already answer this? I mean, I did and even added a picture. Obviously I didn't submit it!! 😳

Anyhow, I'd vote for single cut, because there's only one negative curve in the upper bout. The upper bass side has some resemblance with a D'Angelico Deluxe Atlantic, don't you agree:

image.png.2f7310193c06fa36fdc989768944b548.png

Aside from that, to me the design looks like a template having been outlined several times and the overlapping parts (plus some for continuity) have been left.

image.png.d62dfb42fef8ff10f44d660e2e6a6381.png

I tried to log on earlier and there was a server 500 going on, maybe you broke it. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ScottR said:

How about a barely cut?

It's certainly unorthodox, but not exactly unsettling shape, kind of organic. And the way the F-hole reflects the curves enhances it a lot. It'll create some aesthetic challenges for you, but with your skills I know it's going to end up looking hot!

SR

Barely cut, I like that but as a drinking man i'd say @Professor Woozle's half cut seems more appropriate!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Professor Woozle said:

Yes, the pun was intended! At this point, for the benefit of non-Brits on here I should mention that half-cut is a slang term for drunk...

I've always thought it meant well on your way i.e I'm normally half cut if I have 3 these days but I'm usually thoroughly pissed after 5 or 6. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bizman62 said:

You only need to know the american language, you don't need anything else.

that's right... in merica we speak merican.  first time I ever heard someone say "bangers and mash" I was all "WTF could that possibly be"?  I oft wonder if folks in the UK take as much amusement in odd things we say in the US.  

41 minutes ago, ADFinlayson said:

All of those phrases belong in 80's Peckham with Derek Trotter and Gordon Bennet. 

The kids mostly say ting, blud, literally like and absolute touch mate now, and that's why I mostly stay at home.

lol, that is terrible insight.  kids here annoy me with "epic"... once everything is epic then nothing is epic anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why this is called an oddball build 🤪 

Sure, it’s not a standard body shape, but I think it looks quite elegant. 🙂

P.s. 3rd picture down (the one after you talk about chiselling the blade switch slot) isn’t loading. 😕

17 minutes ago, JAK said:

Not sure why this is called an oddball build 🤪 

Sure, it’s not a standard body shape, but I think it looks quite elegant. 🙂

P.s. 3rd picture down (the one after you talk about chiselling the blade switch slot) isn’t loading. 😕

Thank you mate, should be appearing now! must have been some weirdness during upload.

9 hours ago, Crusader said:

A friend of mine had a Kawasaki KX500, broke his leg a couple of times on it! I've never seen that logo before but looks really good on the fretboard, very nice work

I think the river mark is a fairly new thing. That being said, I know close to nothing about bikes!

• Like 1