Yet another single cut build.

11 hours ago, ScottR said:

The 24 fret layout makes the pickups look noticeably closer together than I'm used to seeing. I presume it's a 25" scale? I guess I just don't see all that many 24 fret builds any more.

Those your pups? PAFs?

SR

no it's 24.6" scale, yeah the 24 frets situation is what is making them a bit closer together, there is 40mm between the two pickup rings, the difference in neck pickup tone between a 24 and a 22 is negligible though IMO. These pickups are OX4 Hot Duane PAFs, they're the most convincing "59" pickups I've heard and they're made by a local chap so I default to them unless someone asks for something else. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2023 at 5:23 PM, Bizman62 said:

A pro? To be honest they look a bit dull, the ones you've shot are much shinier, much more delicious looking. I'd assume a professional photographer would make them look like candy, or like cars in a fancy car show that have been finished with a special show polish - yes, that's a real thing!

You're not wrong about that, it's a local chap that helps me out and is cheap enough to make it worth while. Photography in my conservatory works very well in day light because it's well lit with ambient light, but the LED lighting in my conservatory is mega bright which makes it a reflection nightmare, so these were just taken in the evening with flash and no natural light which is why they came out quite dark. 

• 1 month later...