emg 81 for seven strings

westhemann

yeah only problem is i need one for eight stings, guess i will have to go with bartolini

So only guitar parts depot sells them? Thats wierd makes me wonder how they can sell them for so cheap.

Some of you might remember some info I posted a while ago about them. From talking with an EMG salesman, I found out that they are trying to move their "inside sales" to guitarpartsdepot.com instead of doing it themselves. So that means that they must have a special deal set up with them. If you notice, they are the only ones who can show prices online for EMG (at least the only ones allowed to). If you don't see something that EMG makes that you are looking for, they are willing to get it for you - very helpful, nice people from my experience.

guitarpartsdepot has always been very helpful and professional with me too.i emailed them about wanting that pickup because they didn't have an "add to basket" button on it and they emailed me back within 5 minutes to let me know it was fixed and i could order...and this was AFTER business hours

yeah only problem is i need one for eight stings, guess i will have to go with bartolini

This was mentioned in an earlier thread:

The Extended series 40 and 45 DC's (for bass) are basically 85's in a bigger box. I don't know if that helps...

I was thinking, for a bass, of getting the 81/85 7 stringers, because they are in the 35 Extended series casing, and it'd be cool to hear how the 81/85 set sounds in a bass... maybe on my next bass.

i played a warrior custom 8string guitar. with a normal scale.

tuned from #FBEADGBE

i plan on however adding a crosover system in it, so when i drop the drop tuners for the low four strings. ie hipshot type. that i got a bass guitar to lay down tracks with, also with piezo's in the bridge for the bass sound. thinking about the 26 1/8" scale for the neck, but adding a ferrel set back further than the rest to give me more over all string length on the lower strings

effectively utilizing one instrument for two purposes. and wel i have played a seven string for almost 12 years now, i am a little bored of it

Charlie Hunter uses standard 6-string pickups on his upper strings, and has P-Bass-style pickups covering his lower strings. He sends the output to separate guitar and bass amps.

I like the idea of having an active crossover (either internal or external) and bi-amping. I almost went that route with my 7-string, but opted for a simpler set-up.

yeah between him and vai is the reason i went for the seven strings originaly

but i decided to go the route of having all eightstrings on one pickup cause i play guitar that low soemtimes

The 81-7 uses the same casing as the 707, which is the same casing as the EMG 5-string soapbar pickups.

the EMG 81/7 and the 707 use same housing as the EMG 35 Extended Series 4 STRING Active Bass Pickups.

see: EMG-707 and EMG 35 - Extended Series - 4 String Bass.

35 = housing length of 3.5" for 4 string bass.

40 = housing length of 4" for 5 string bass.

45 = housing length of 4.5" for 6 string bass.

unless they are EMG 35P for 5 string and EMG 40P for 6 string.