Anyone selling 16" Fingerboards?

Hi!

I need a ebony fingerboard slotted for 24 frets, 25.5" scale and radiused to 16".

Usually I get them from LMII, but their radiusing machine broke down and I waited for more then a month now. Do you know anyone else that can meet these specs?

Anyone here in the Forum perhaps? Anyone with a proffessional radiusing jig?

P.s.: Please don't tell me to do it myself. I have the radius blocks needed, etc. but I just am not completely happy with results of radius blocks. If the fingerboard is perfect to begin with, then you won't have to perform mutch fret levelling and that is what I am aiming for. I only do the fingerboards myself if they get complicated inlays.

Thanks,

MK!

Hi!

I need a ebony fingerboard slotted for 24 frets, 25.5" scale and radiused to 16".

Usually I get them from LMII, but their radiusing machine broke down and I waited for more then a month now. Do you know anyone else that can meet these specs?

Anyone here in the Forum perhaps? Anyone with a proffessional radiusing jig?

P.s.: Please don't tell me to do it myself. I have the radius blocks needed, etc. but I just am not completely happy with results of radius blocks. If the fingerboard is perfect to begin with, then you won't have to perform mutch fret levelling and that is what I am aiming for. I only do the fingerboards myself if they get complicated inlays.

Thanks,

MK!

i understand...radiusing is a pain in the butt.i am currently waiting on lmii myself.i have had enough of slotting and radiusing

i understand...radiusing is a pain in the butt.i am currently waiting on lmii myself.i have had enough of slotting and radiusing

More than true!!!! LMII holds me waiting now for nearly 2 months....and they can't even give a fixed shipping date....Is it really true that there is no other fingerboard source on the planet????

Some of their exotica is reasonably priced....

But those fretboards make me clench my nylon wallet.

I'm also surprised they don't do an extra-exotic compound radius for the PRS fretboards.

what exactly where the problems you were having doing it on your own? fretting is obviously time consuming if you want it accurate and don't wnat to drop 80$ on stew mac stuff...

but raduising? wherey ou getting flat spots in the middle? over rounded boards cause it was to hard to hold the block staight and keep it from wobbling?

Hmm....I have no real problem with radiusing fingerboards myself....it's just that the quality cannot rival a pre-radiused board, which becomes obvious during fret levelling....Are you able to get perfect results with radius blocks?

well you have to use a straight edge once you get the radius you want, level out any abnormalities, then go over it again with the radius block, and repeat until you're happy, then i use a little ruler to check for flat spots where the ruler balances on it's side...

lol maybe i'm just oddly determined to take the hard road?

well you have to use a straight edge once you get the radius you want, level out any abnormalities, then go over it again with the radius block, and repeat until you're happy, then i use a little ruler to check for flat spots where the ruler balances on it's side...

Yep you're right about it beeing not THAT hard to do....I actually do it in a very similar technique....it's just that it's SO much more comfortable to simple order a slotted and radiused board from lmii for abou $15, but unfortunately their machinery broke down....

true.... i'm just saying.... once you start going over that... like 40$ 50$ what ever those "exotic" prices where, that's kinda getting to the point, where i'd DEFENITELY make my own... or if i had to wait like 2 or 3 months for LMI... but i guess it depends on how valuable your time is... and how urgent or costly delaying your project is :D

um....PRS boards have a 10" radius all the way down...

Could be, these days....

I have to admit, although I've continued reading up on gear throughout the ages, my memories are still locked on those early 90's PRS guitars, when they were first becoming huge. And I am 98% sure they were compound radius, because I had never heard of a compound radius before, and it was a big selling feature as a 'unique' feature of the PRS, along with the special neck profile.

Worth checking into, though. Cheers!

Greg