decisions....

well im about ready to start building the neck and assembling my anihilator guitar, but i would like to have a few questions answered, first, right now i have a trs floyd by ibanez and i was going to put it in the guitar, but i dont have the bushings for it, and im not sure i want it in my guitar, but if i routed for a original floyd rose would it fit? if not should i get a o.g. floyd? thanks guys

also this is just to confirm, scale length is measured from the back of the nut/ begining of fretboard, to the 12th fret right? or is it just from nut to bridge saddles?

And to clarify the scale length, it's from the INSIDE of the nut (the fingerboard side, not the headstock side) that you measure.

Basically, the strings free range of vibration.

So, from where it leaves the bridge (Top of the saddle) to the inside of the nut.

On my RG (which has a Lo-TRS), the high E (being properly intonated) gives the exact scale length measurement.

:D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

IMO, the trs and trs II are the saddest sorriest excuses for a floyd style trem. You *can* route for an OFR and then modify it for a TRS, but I say just get the OFR

The best "floyds" in my opinion (and I have a few...) is Edge / Lopro Edge with the lockable posts (ibanez, made by gotoh) and Schaller floyds. Floyd Rose 1 is OK, FR2 is crap, most "licensed by" copies are crap. Make sure the knife edges are hardened.

.... i wonder if i can get one with a black base and chrome saddles..

might take a little extra time, and cost a couple bucks more, but it's doo-able,

or you could just buy a black and a chrome unit :D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

FR2 had a thicker baseplat of soft metal, knife inserts of softer metal, and it was non locking. Add it all together and you get 100% pure crap.