new design

heres my design for my latest project:

doublepaul.jpg

i have a sketch that looks much better, ill try to scan it at school today and show it.

so far, what i plan to do is use some swamp ash i have for the body with a flame maple top/blue to green carriburst. i might make it semi-hollow or carve some of the insides out due to the weight of this beast. pickguard will probably be black, with black speed knobs. chrome hardware, most likely with mahogany necks/rosewood fretboard. let me know what you think, ive never seen a double neck les paul, and ive wanted a double neck for a while, so i thought this would be better than the SG that i was going to do.

-Kyle

I've toyed with the idea of a doubleneck but the hardware alone would break me. Ever picked up an SG and seen how light they are? Thats why they managed to sell a few doublenecks. But its still possible to build a light LP. Thinner, contoured body, chambers, mahogany and go easy on the finish.

I own a 2 Les pauls although they are Epiphones, but i have played gibsons LP, they arnt that heavy... and there isnt much (if any) difference in wieght in Epiphones and Gibsons. but i guess wear two LPs would be kinda heavy,

The position of the Switch bugs me, i would proberly move it. :D

Hmm... how much do LP's weigh? Doing a quick google search, I'm getting conflicting results... 9 lbs., 15 lbs., 22lbs?!?! Most of the ones I've played, 60's and 70's I believe, were way too heavy for me :D... although I seem to recall a 50's gold top that didnt' feel too heavy (either that or my memory is playing tricks on me B)).

They don't weigh a specific weight. You're on a guitar building forum! Surely you're aware that no two pieces of wood are exactly alike??

Yup, no two pieces of wood are exactly alike but that's a pretty wide range of varience, no? A mahogany/maple bodied guitar would vary in weight that much? One 9 lbs. and another 22 lbs?!?! :D