crazy lines 7-string

It's kind of a rainy boring day here, i was able to dig up the pics from over a month ago of the krazy lines guitar being test fit for everything.

The neck pickup looks a little to wide for the string pitch on this guitar, so i might have to use another one i have around. The only other thing about this guitar i started a year ago is the neck joint i came up with, hopefully it'll hold, but i'm going for a bolt in set neck kinda joint now-a-days..

Pondering the idea of going with black hardware on the purple heart 7 string guitar, but i duno...

phfront.jpgphbackt.jpgrgjacksonneck01.jpg

rgjacksonneck02.jpg

The neck is for a member on this forum that asked me to make a neck for him, even though i'm no pro at necks i said sure, so i'm making it for him for the cost of the materials, and if he's not satisfied with the quality he can always return it for full money back.

I used some double stick tape to test fit the neck into a similar style body he'll be using and it fits like a glove :D

Edited by krazyderek

Very original - nice job.

I'm surprised you don't post pics of your projects more often.

Is the neck with the ebony fretboard going to have a locking nut installed? If so, it looks like the fretboard doesn't have the usual thin shelf that the nut sits on - what's the reason for doing it that way? Sorry if it's not a floyd nut neck.

I like the dot locations on that neck - I'm currently doing the same on a maple fretboard. :D

Is the neck with the ebony fretboard going to have a locking nut installed? If so, it looks like the fretboard doesn't have the usual thin shelf that the nut sits on - what's the reason for doing it that way? Sorry if it's not a floyd nut neck.

well, like i said before in another thread, according to my measurements the nut should be able to sit right on the neck blank with a 3/16" fingerboard and tall frets... infact i might even have the shim the nut with the approriate shims i have here to get it up to the right height. \

LGM said he had some problems with it, hopefully i have it worked out right on this neck :D

well, like i said before in another thread, according to my measurements the nut should be able to sit right on the neck blank with a 3/16" fingerboard and tall frets... infact i might even have the shim the nut with the approriate shims i have here to get it up to the right height. \

LGM said he had some problems with it, hopefully i have it worked out right on this neck :D

yeah..i hope you have it worked out too....

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
I'm surprised you don't post pics of your projects more often.

He shows me all the time.

By the way derek, It looks great! When can we expect more?

He shows me all the time.

What do you mean?

LGM said he had some problems with it, hopefully i have it worked out right on this neck

I guess I missed that thread. The 3/16" fretboard probably answers it. I'm not following the shimming part though - do you need to add more under the nut now?

I'm just wondering because I'm used to seeing a bit of fretboard under the nut. If you don't mind repeating it - what are the problems that LGM was having trouble with? This stuff interests me since I have yet to make a neck without a Floyd nut and I'd like to know more about how others go about it. Up until this week, I had never seen the Floyd installation instructions (stewmac and warmoth don't send them with the bridges/nuts - and I assumed that they just didn't exist).

I showed jeff some pics of the crazy lines necks as it was being made when we were talking on msn :D

The only thing I'll warn about using thinner than 1/4" fretboards (and I'm one of those 2 members who carved through the back of the neck using a stupid hotrod) is that if you go much less than 1/4", in many cases you will have a hell of a time mounting a lock nut so that the 1st fret action is reasonable. You need a specific amount of height for the lock nut to work, and if the fretboard is to thin, you won't be able to lower the nut enough to make it work. 

from this thread http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...wtopic=7525&hl=

oh and floyd instruction book incase you missed it a while ago http://www.dreamlandguitars.com/floydroseinstall.html