Finally finished my explorer!

I havnt been around these boards in a while...or worked on my explorer due to frustrations...but i got back to work and i finally finished it! the finish looks ok...but from a distance, no one can tell...i played it today for the first time at a gig(the moment of truth is when i turned off the standby) and it worked great! the emg's sounded awesome! i will try to get pics of it up asap...but for now here are the specs:

mahoganny body

maple neck

ebony fretboard (25 1/2" scale)

graphite nut

all black body and parts

emg 81 and 85

2 vol 1 toggle

sperzel locking tuners

duct tape cavity cover(i cant find the first one i made!)

-and thanks to everyone who helped me along the way!

C'mon everybody

PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS!

haha well sorry everyone! i took some cheap pics with a dispoble camera and theyre being developed today(sorry no digital camera just yet) but pics should be in a day or two!

i think everyone is talking about your guitar...not private life...

:D

Where did you mounted the 85, from the looks of the pics seems it's on the bridge, if you have the ZW set it goes on the neck. It really doesn't matter but I was wondering?

The EMG's can be placed anywere since they are active and won't be out of phase.

thanks for noticing my straplock idea! im happy that you noticed them. They were actually very easy to do...i drilled the hole for the strap lock screw like normal...but i drilled it deeper than usual...then i took the strap lock itself to a measurer to see how big it is around...and find a drill bit which is one size smaller...then just drill it and it'll work great!

and its just the picture...i know the 81 goes in the bridge..and it did....and boy does it sound great!

Yes they do, as you can see., that's the set up in my Epi LP Classic Plus. DSC00506.jpg

is that a scalloped LP neck i see?? :D

how did you do it, without wrecking such large inlays?

v good job pour bleeding me, nice and metal \m/