New Flat Earth Guitar

Hi Shredders-

Check out my new guitar design. The "Heresy" features carved front and back, single volume and tone controls, three-way mini switch, Kent Armstrong HB's, Low profile neck joint, Grover Imperial Tuners. Built in the USA.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks-

Doug @ Flat Earth Guitars

http://flatearthguitars.com/Flat_Earth_Heresy_Poster.html

Wow, I like both the guitar and the site design. Very pro looking on both counts.

I kind of agree with Jeff about those tuners. They look nice from the rear, but they almost seem too big for the headstock front on. I have mixed feelings about that though, they do tune the guitar so as long as they do their job, I can't really complain.

Beautiful grain on the guitar body too. Nice curves! :D

My intention is to sell these guitars. I am planning on introducing them at the Charlotte Guitar Show. I am building four guitars now...three solidbodies (Heresy) one in Swamp Ash, Two in Alder & Flamed Maple, and one hollowbody (Conspiracy) in Alder with Flamed Maple top.

I have dealerships in Allparts, WD Music Products...so I can buy at a major discount...but the materials cost of these is at least $500. It will be a rather high-dollar guitar.

Doug

I love it. I find that the gold hardware really makes the natural wood glow, when otherwise the wood (with chrome, for instance) might seem bland or washed out.

Your carving aesthetic is amazing; it looks very natural, and not at all choppy. It's clear a LOT of thought went into the designs.

I also like the bottom horn and cutaway; it's a shredder touch on an extremely classy guitar.

My only question is about the pickups. You introduce your first post with "hey shredders"; I can only hope the pickups you chose weren't uber-output models, because the sound wouldn't match the look of your beautiful guitar. I think it would do better with a pair of PAFs or Gibson Burstbuckers (price notwithstanding).

All in all, a truly class act. Good luck with selling them.