re-tubing cost?

krazyderek

So i took my new carvin amp over to one of the local amp guys, he's supposed to be the best around here. Befor dropping my amp off for an estimate and look over, he said a retubing usualy runs 120$ (90$US) everything included.

As much as i'd love to spend an hour crawling google, just wondering how much you guys usualy pay for getting your amp re-tubed?

i beleive it's 4 power amp tubes, getting EL34's in, he said he doesn't charge for the re-bias. He's also going to give the head a complete look over and let me know if there's anything he would suggest fixing.

He also said he only uses grove tubes cause of the 3 month full set replacement warantee.

call him

did last night, aparantly he was just getting to my amp later that night. Which sounds fair, when i dropped the head off there where 5 other heads sitting in his living room, i just hope it's worth the wait :D

WELL!!! got the amp back tonight, he tested it out, and went over all the wirring, and checked the tubes. Everything was fine except some dirty pots... so it was only 23$ for a check up. Anyone have a boss distorition or super overdrive they're selling? I'll play with the amp a bit with some pedals in front of the drive channel, but as it stands this doesn't look likethe amp for me :D

sorry for not saying what it was, it's an OLD carvin x-100 with 6l6's and the old cursive logo

I got a SD-1 to put in front of it, and followed a tip, cut the presence to 1, and boost the 3k on the built in graphic EQ, it sounds SWEET!!!!!!!! almost like a marshall mesa highbrid!!!