Guitar Of The Month For February

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Every once in a while, one comes along that has the one trump card nothing else can counter. For me, it's the Comicaster. I could rattle off a dozen reasons it shouldn't be considered without making any real effort, but it wouldn't change anything. I'm 99% Marvel Zombie, so this monstrosity is just plain perfect. :D

I'd have to disagree with dpm99 - this month I'd like at least 3 votes.

Haven't voted yet as I'm stuck between (in order of appearance) Black Beauty (simple elegance, organic carve), the Comicaster (fun, eye-catching, truly unique), and the Victorian Muleskinner (artistic, organic, all just works together).

It's certainly a tough month to be in the competition.

Wow this was a tough one. I went with Black Beauty because that headstock and the flat black just look great. Bukoffsky, how did you do the headstock? Is it a die you press into the wood. It's really looks unique.

My other top pics were Offset Avenger and Victorian Muleskinner. Good work guys.

Offset Avenger: technically excellent, but just didn't really float my boat for some reason

Black Beauty: love it - got my vote

factory5150: in my opinion, and to my taste, that's one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen. Looks like an accomplished build, but everything about the paint job and inlays is at the diametric opposite of what I consider attractive in a guitar.

comicaster: love the ingenuity of the builds but I really loathe and despise everything about comic books, so not one to my taste.

muleskinner: wish I had a second vote - this is aweseome. where do you get the string anchor block thingy?

superstrat: very good looking build, just not a style that gets me excited at all

cicada: your builds looks super high quality, and I know this design has a lot of fans, but I just can't get excited about it for some reason.

I'll probably say something about the others later, as this was a great month, but I wanted to say this was an easy for me.

Bukoffsky's guitar is one of the nicest looking guitars I've seen in a long time. I love everything about it... except the smily face. :D

Seriously, though, there was amazing work this month. If Bukoffsky didn't submit that, I'd have a hard time choosing... but I would definitely pick Shad's guitar :D

Edited by NotYou

In keeping my tradition of not voting for myself ( :D ) I had to go for Shad's Offset Avenger. Very tasty. I liked that Victorian Muleskinner too... I tend to go right to the natural woods rather than paint, but that's just me, and my record as a GOTM filler says that and $4.00 might buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks! :D

Wow this was a tough one. I went with Black Beauty because that headstock and the flat black just look great. Bukoffsky, how did you do the headstock? Is it a die you press into the wood. It's really looks unique.

Thanks Hitone, I answered your question on my profile page, because I could not send you a PM. I'm a newbie around here, so...

Bukoffsky's guitar is one of the nicest looking guitars I've seen in a long time. I love everything about it... except the smily face. :D

It was a wish of the owner to include this into the build. I decided that there was not space for it on the front. However, the guy whose sig is on the front LOVES it.

Orgmorg submited so he trumps all for my vote.

dito

Voted for the Black Beauty, and it is certainly both. Absolutely love it.

Shad's guitar is also excellent, and noticeably tighter and cleaner than his previous entry. Only thing that bugs me is the placement of the low E tuner. Other than that, great job!

The Comicaster came out really well too.

where do you get the string anchor block thingy?

I make them out of brass, but you can get them from this guy