New Guitar Design

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link to the website that everyone loves to hate, but he has some decent up-close shots of the system.

Cool thanks for the link That bridge look's deadly no price yet but still cool!!

But iam still wanting to build The DEATHVIPER as a 7-string so I'll keep working on the headstock,I like the design I have so I'll work with it

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Hey wes do you know If that fixed bridge system comes in 7-string as well

not yet...i wish

Floyd Rose (the company) has said they're going to be producing 7-string bridges,

you mean speedloader ,right?they already have a 7 string floyd original.i have one on my 7 string v.bought the trem from derek

Man that thing looks so deadly!! That bridge would work great with this guitar if only they made it in 7-string.

!!FU#$@%K!! I dont know what to do now 6-string or 7-string. I love 7-string but this thing only come's in 6-string [Why ^_^ Why].

I think Iam going to go with a 7-string I'll just have to work on the headstock a bit, But I realy like that bridge.

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Well, After Much Looking, I found this. A Price of a fixed Floyd Speedloader.

String Masters Website I think I'll stick with the Regular Fixed Bridge Meself.

Dude, I will never pay that price for it! Ed Roman don't sell cheap and even the Tremolo one is $199 for the chrome one. This one should be a bit cheaper, Ithink in the $150. range, and even there I wouldn't pay that price.

http://www.dreamlandguitars.com/floydrose.html

krazyderek from this forum sells floyds including speedloaders,and when the fixed version becomes available i am sure he will sell them as well

as for the price...there is only so low it can go,and i am sure it will be quite expensive for some time....but i am going to buy one as soon as they become available and as soon as i can afford it because i have plans for a steinbergeresque fixed bridge guitar,and how perfect is that bridge for something like that?

i love that bridge.so,so perfect

I'm with you wes that bridge is build clean and nice. But with the price of the Speedloader trem only 50 more than the regular, I think that the price for the hardtail shouldn't be more than a good hardtail like the schallers or hipshots, that's why if it is more than $100 I wouldn't even consider it.

Well I went to the bank to see what I have to work with and there's just no way at this time that I can spend that much $$$$ right now :D if I did buy it I would have nothing for any thing else I need, I have 2 of my own guitars on the go right

that still need some $$$ put in to them before there done I have enough if I can stay away from that awsome bridge B) to do this guitar as well and this one and the impaler must get done!! No if's and or but's about it :D

299$bridge

150$pickup EMG81 7-string [for me to get hear in saskatoon]

100$-175$for wood

30$-50$tuning machines

20$electronics=NO WAY :D

I'm with you wes that bridge is build clean and nice.  But with the price of the Speedloader trem only 50 more than the regular, I think that the price for the hardtail shouldn't be more than a good hardtail like the schallers or hipshots, that's why if it is more than $100 I wouldn't even consider it.

well the baseplate of the fixed bridge speedloader looks more complex than the trem version...i am sure the price will bottom out eventually

you can get the strings at guitar center

I wouldn't buy a cup of dirt from him.

Me either. I was just trying to point out some information on the Speedloader and strings. ER just happened to have some nice pix of it and the strings, so I thought I'd point 'em out. I should have phrased it "he has the strings available too".

As far as ER bashing goes, I think it's because he's generally full of um, hot air, we'll call it on this PG-rated forum. His shop has produced some impressive looking stuff and he does feature some good boutique builders, but his constant harping about how everyone in the guitar business sucks except him gets a little old.

Case in point: check out his Steinberger and LSR webpages. He acts as if the new Steinbergers are crap and he's the only expert on headless guitars. Sorry Ed, but you're getting your new composite necks from Moses just like Steinberger and Ned Steinberger continues to consult with and endorse the new Gibson Steinberger models. ER actually recommends the Hohner copies over real Steinies because they "use real Steinberger parts, unlike the new MusicYo Steinbergers". What a bunch of crap. Where's the TransTrem and S-Trem on the Hohner, pal?

He treats customers like crap, sells second-rate crap, acts like he invented the custom guitar, and professes to be an expert engineer of composites, physics, and electronics, even though he's a high-school dropout.

In short, he's an a$$talker.

Edited by crafty

He actually recommends the Hohner copies over real Steinies because they "use real Steinberger parts, unlike the new MusicYo Steinbergers". What a bunch of crap. Where's the TransTrem and S-Trem on the Hohner, pal?

He as in "Ned", or He as in "Ed"?

(I know which it is, I just thought the rest of the forum should know too)

What's everyones beef with Ed Roman?  Just curious, I read alot of ER bashing around here and I just wondered why.

i guess the main thing that irks me is that alot of newbs come around here with alot of "factual" misinformation which they got diretly from ed roman.they don't seem to realize that,unlike ed would have you believe,there is no "best way" to build or set up a guitar,only personal preferences.

as if you can't express yourself through music played on a set neck guitar with a 3 piece neck,because there are too many "tone robbing glue lines" :D

but i have never dealt with him at all...but i do peruse his site from time to time.

I wouldn't buy a cup of dirt from him.

I'm really hoping you don't buy a cup of dirt from anyone... :DB) Anyway, I love that guitar design matt and its a shame I can't read the whole thread (all I have time to read is the first and last pages) because I want to know what you can't afford lol. And for the headstock instead of doing the 3x3 that darren suggested, you could do a 6 inline with the tuner side flat and the bottom bevelled and the whole head shaped like an axe? That would rock.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

I'm really hoping you don't buy a cup of dirt from anyone...  Anyway, I love that guitar design matt and its a shame I can't read the whole thread (all I have time to read is the first and last pages) because I want to know what you can't afford lol. And for the headstock instead of doing a 3x3 like darren suggested, you could do a 6 inline with the tuner side flat and the bottom bevelled and the whole head shaped like an axe? That would rock.

Hey Iam haveing a hard time with your headstock idea :D Iam not sure how to make it work maybe you could send me a pic of your idea so I have something to go off of, and is there any way you could make the design work for a 7-string

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)

:D hmmm, aside from it looking somewhat similar to my design lol, id say you do have some talents there, feel free to submit desigs to my company, you get ten percent of each sale and your name gets out there....as far as the tuners...i would go with a similarity to that hetfield looking thing, but then I would run a 4 x 2 set up just for kicks....as far as Ed Roman goes...and my various quotes of him (being I AM one of those noobs around here) I must say...he does have some accurate information...it is unfortunate that alot of guitarists just dont give a rats a$$TALKER about that information, because, I do find what most of the industry does, is cut corners and lie alot about what they are.