Ozzy Guitarist

Riffplayer9678

who was the best guitarist for ozzy?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I must be the only old guy around :D

The others are definitely in a class of their own but I've always respected Iommi for his dedication to the guitar even after losing some finger parts........ that "disability" (like it made a difference!) helped create the lower tuning genre of rock and metal since he couldn't play in standard tuning. That and the fact Geezer freely admits Tony taught him a whole lot about playing bass...if it weren't for that we would never have had those killer Sabbath bass lines.

I see from the vote I'm alone here, but hey.....bash away!!! You won't change my mind! B)

I definately had to vote for Rhoads. Zakk is the riffmaster though. The intensity, tightness and mean sound of his riffplaying is really special. I think Rhoads was the better solo/lead player though. Zakk's solos are so similar to each other and often sound very uninspired to me. Always the same old pentatonic wanking....

I cannot deny that he played some great solos, but many of them fall in that category of sounding uninspired to me.....

The only thing about Zakk is, i dont know, he seems a bit strange in the interviews i have read. Hes probably a nice guy, but why does he want to beat everyone up?

Im not really a big fan of the 'Im a tough guy, I can beat your ass' sort of thing. I cant imagine RR being like that- he seemed like a really nice guy.

Zakk is still a great player though.

Edited by LukeR

This may be one of the hardest pols put to the vote. I am 34 years old and have been a fan of Ozzy's stuff sence his Sabbath days and to actually ask who was his best guitarist is asking alot from any fan of his music. Each guitarist mentioned brought something different to the table and helped to mold Ozzy's sound and music, however due to Randy's untimley demise we do not know what Ozzy's music would have evolved into had he not been taken from us so early and some believe not yet in his prime. I think that if he were still with us he would smoke any one else in his arena and when we consider the impact that he has made and listen to the poeple that are playing now you can hear Randy playing. With that said I have to go with Randy.

This was a though one, but I know that if Randy was here now, he would have blown a lot of people away.

Zakk at this point Iwill say is one of the best players around. Even if people say he ain't because he don't do sweep and the other speed stuff. But he doesn't have too to make his music intense.

The other ones, well, Jake was good there is no denying that, all the other I barely remember, and Tommy is Tommy, the grandfather of metal riffing, but Idon't like his playing much, I respect him a lot for what he is or was.

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta go with Rhoads here. He never got the chance to live to his full potential. Another amazing musician rippped from this world in a most unfortunate accident. RIP. He would have ruled the world if he were still here.

tsk tsk

I understand RR getting his votes.

Wow.Only Three votes for Tony Iommi.That's funny.

I think guitarists should be judged by their generation and what they had to influence them in their own time.

I got to be honest.I don't like anything Ozzy did after Sabbath.

I liked Rhodes work.Thought it'd be better without Ozzy:lol: