Superstrat

Ordered by Frank from Sweden. Flew to Australia to sort out the specifications and pay the deposit. His g/friend lives here (Aust.), but she is flying over to sweden to get married, and she is leaving on feb 19th...

Well, thats what i thought....

Last Tuesday (4th Jan) Frank emailed me to remind me it was January 19th, not Febuary. Damn, im in trouble!!

118-1810_IMG.jpg

118-1821_IMG.jpg

119-1967_IMG.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be a double green stain, with slightly darker green sunburst. Couldnt talk the client into a carriburst :D

Chrome hardware, JB and Jazz pickups (zebras).

Curly maple top (20mm thick), Brazilian mahogany body. Rock maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 25.5" scale. Flame walnut headstock veneer (stained), with Paua shell logo. Paua dots.

Alloy flight case included... WOO HOO!!

Wow Perry, I wasn't a big fan of Superstrats until I saw your work! That is going to be one heck of a guitar. I love seeing pictures of your work, you are a real artisan.

You can't possibly be finishing in Nitro, though, right? You going to clear coat it with Poly? You could probably do 10 to 12 coats in three days, right?

Edited by javacody

Not nitro, not poly. Secret Ormsby finish for this baby.

No more questions until tommorrow!! All shall be revealed.

MODS > wanna move this thread, i posted it in the wrong section

Drak, this is a nice top, small tight quilt, but it aint a Drak Master Grade .... or an Ormsby Presentation Grade for those of us south of the equator. :D

Perry, all I'm going to say is that it looks great. Nice neck heel! I though it was a bolt on, then I looked and ti looked like a set neck, but I don't know now, still think it's a set! I can't believe that yu say that the quilt ain't tht nice... I love it like that, I think that it looks much better than the big quilts, it looks tight and with a lot of figure! This thing will look awsome once stained, and with that rub technique you use, the double green will be to drool at.

SECRET FINISH!!!!!! You can't do that! Let it out, will'ya!!!! :D pleaseeeeeeee

The secret is actually a ritual dance peice, where Perry dances around the body and then sacrafices small animals, and once the gods have been appeased they cure the body and smite all unbeleivers.

:D

The secret is actually a ritual dance peice, where Perry dances around the body and then sacrafices small animals, and once the gods have been appeased they cure the body and smite all unbeleivers.

:D

Oi, keep our MSN chats between us, the things i tell you are not for the general public to hear about buddy!!

Man, a guy from Sweden travels to Australia to spec out a custom guitar?! That's one hell of an expensive axe!! And the top isn't even Ormsby Presentation Grade!

I remember when my sister and brother-in-law went to visit his father in Brisbane a year ago. The plane tix were like, $3000 apiece, from Cleveland.

That axe better kick a Jackson's a$$ all over the place for that kind of scratch.

Weeeellllllll, he actually flew over to visit his fiance for a month, but it sounds better if i tell you he just wanted a custom guitar :D

No chambers. Orginally we discussed doing a solid maple body, as he wants that bright 80's metal sound.

The top is still very nice. A "Presentation Grade" top is an upgrade of $700, so not many people have them B)