Can You Say Tele...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've found using a medium-to-dark brown, with a few small drops of black added in works best on burls of that dark reddish color.

And sand back a LOT on those, you're really just looking to enhance the figure of the burl without the stain becoming intrusive or obvious, really sort of just adding shadows in the right places is all, so you want to sand off 80-90% of the stain.

Looking Good!

Paisley was my first impression, too. But after the cathedral roof was mentioned, I can see the Michaelangelo ceiling figures now. Wow, that is really beautiful.

Don't go covering that up with some old nasty plastic pickguard!!! :D:D

Edit: If you have any leftovers from that top wood, seriously consider making a control plate and pickup rings from it, so you don't cover up that figure between the pickups. Wow, that is just to die for! I'm jealous... Great work BigD.

Paisley was my first impression, too. But after the cathedral roof was mentioned, I can see the Michaelangelo ceiling figures now. Wow, that is really beautiful.

All I see are n*ked women.........or is it just me. :D

Careful, thats just a pick up rout.....

Looking good D!

That green tele just kicks so much behind itts unbelieveable (sp? Come on, its 1 in the mornin!)

I also like how that Double neck is shaping up!

Matty

Hey D, I know it's not a big deal, but you can stain the routs to make a better looking instrument... then of course I think you are going to use shielding paint... I say so because I don't shield with the EMG, and it makes a big difference in the look of a guitar to tidy up the control cavities.

Fantabulous work, D.

The double-neck is going to be kickass. I'm sure one exists SOMEWHERE, but this is the first time I personally have seen one. Looks great.

That 'paisley' one is wonderful, too. I'm getting a but burned out on normal quilt, but I gotta say that that green one is fabulous. Between you and Myka, I'm starting to think quilt isn't so bad again. <chuckle>

Greg