My First Project

How are you gonna call your guitar. Donald Duck???  :D

Its actually a Carvin Neck - thats why the headstock is different, but I still don;t know what the rg is.

My initials are J.G.W. so you get:

ps_headstock.jpg

the picture above is photoshopped, but I am going to use Jehle's technique of making a logo for the headstock.

Don't worry, you're not missing much...

<asbestos suit>

The RG is nothing more than an overpriced, cheaply made, imported, bASSwood hot-rod copy of the otherwise excellent Stratocaster. The JEM is an even more overpriced, cheaper-made, still imported, still bASSwood hot-rod copy superstrat.

</asbestos suit>

Feel the BURN!!

:D

Edited by crafty

<asbestos suit>

The RG is nothing more than an overpriced, cheaply made, imported, bASSwood hot-rod copy of the otherwise excellent Stratocaster. The JEM is an even more overpriced, cheaper-made, still imported, still bASSwood hot-rod copy superstrat.

</asbestos suit>

Feel the BURN!!

and mine plays better than pretty much any guitar ive ever played :D

• 1 month later...

Okay so its been a long time since the last post or update. Well Pollen season in Georgia really sucks when you have to spray your lacquer outside. On top of that, the humidity is so high here I don't even want to try it. And finally after 2 months of waiting, I got my Air Norton.

With all that said, I went ahead and put the beast together.

JGW004.jpg

for more pictures go to: http://www.puttcentral.com/images/blue/

The first try went a little rough. The set up is:

2 independent Volumes (1 push/pull)

1 Tone

6 Way rotary switch

the sum of the above = Big Headache for Rookies.

I finally got the wiring correct on my 3rd attempt to have this combination of tones with the Dimarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone:

1. Bridge Humbucker

2. Bridge + Neck Humbucker

3. Neck Humbucker

4. Neck Single Coil

5. Neck and Bridge Single Coil

6. Neck Humbucker + Bridge Single Coil

All that with a push pull on the Neck Volume to reverse the phase.

Its been fun, its not finished, but there's an update. I have not wet-sanded this at all, and it has not been polished. Just really thin coats of nitro. I will finish and add my headstock logo in the fall when there is less heat/humidity.

Thanks Guys! :D

<asbestos suit>

</asbestos suit>

Feel the BURN!!

Yeah, ok.

<asbestos suit>

</asbestos suit>

Feel the BURN!!

*stands and applauds*

Thank god, i thought it was just me who felt like that!

Matt

<asbestos suit>

</asbestos suit>

Feel the BURN!!

yep, that hit it spot on. id rather take the showmaster over an rg anyday.