2nd Guitar, 1st Quilt Top -ok?

I used Liberon black spirit dye (looked more like dark blue to me :D) and went over it quite thickly, then i wiped it back a bit with a rag damp with mineral spirits.

I then mixed some blue and black and a bit of brown and went over it a few times. then wiped back a bit and VERY lightly sanded back a bit with 400grit then wiped it back a bit and then a couple passes with the old 400.

This is how you see it now. I was aiming for a more turquise colour which looked really nice! but i spilt the stain and couldn't get the 2nd lot to match.

The top is a 3/8" from craftsupplies :D and is 3A and cost around £37.

It wasn't equally planed when i got it though so i lost alot of the wood which was a shame.

Im wondering about putting it up for GOTM when its done (a few days hopefully) but im unsure.

cheers dude. Ive been working hard on it over the past few days and i wasn't entirely happy with the stain, the dark areas weren't quite dark enough for me so that the kind of boost i need right now. ive just done the fretboard and i should be glueing it tonight.

yea i know what you mean, especially with uneven grain like quilt maple. well if you find a better place please let me and others know cos i looked around and there wasn't much choice. i might tell them tho if i place another order to make sure thattheye are planed equally, other wise we are wasting like half our moneys worth!

Right ive started to clear-coat it with Rustins Plastic Coating, this is straight after ive put a 3rd or 4th (cant remember) coat on. It looks a bit rough actually but im sure after i sand it back it should be alright

what do you guys think of the body shape and colour?

100_0317.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/mcmeat51/100_0315.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/mcmeat51/100_0316.jpg

ps sorry if they are too large, if they are someone tell me off :D

yea i forgot to mention the light effect there (there was a light bulb directly above it). thanks for all the praise :D. I did add another coat of a slightly weaker blue to it, as i thought i might make it a nit bluer. Im going to buff it today and put it together and then post some pics.

cheers

Matt