Weapon Of Mass Destruction

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha why dont you update us with the pictures already??? They're already on your website anyways  :D

Because im not finished with it yet. When its finished, you can see the REAL pics

Haha I guess this is where you would say "assume, its makes an a** outta you and me" I just thought because there were sound clips of the guitar, it meant it was pretty much done. Well cant wait to see it completely finished.

The soundclip guy had the guitar for freakin ages :D But yeah, perry still had a bit of work to do once he got it back from him.

That said though, I've made my last payment and paid for postage, so I will have it soon! Muahhaha!

Yes it is. Good spotting. I had the ferrules put aside for nearly twelve months, and then when i opened the packet, only five were in there. The next batch arrive tuesday, but i'll be sending the guitar to Dan before then, he is bursting to get it :D I'll chuck it in the mail for him.

I agree w/ Jay, I'm not one for crazy looking guitars much anymore, and the distressed hardware actually distresses me, but the techniques and the IDEAS and then the execution involved surely raise that guitar to an exalted Platinum status inDEED

Also, the attention to detail in the neatness of the wiring in the cavity is absolutely Grade AAA+++.

Beautiful Job Perry, very professional and I stand and raise the Drak 5-Star Salute to you! (Ehh, how's that Australian National Anthem go again?)

:D:DB):DB)

• 11 months later...

122-2304_IMG.jpg

This is one of my favorites from the Project Guitar forum. Amazing work.

One of these things I noticed in this build though is that the neck looks like a bolt on construction but is glued in. Is that right?

I'm working a some set neck guitars right now and never thought of doing it that way. It would mean building the neck with less wasted wood.

Edited by guitar2005

This is one of my favorites from the Project Guitar forum. Amazing work.

One of these things I noticed in this build though is that the neck looks like a bolt on construction but is glued in. Is that right?

I'm working a some set neck guitars right now and never thought of doing it that way. It would mean building the neck with less wasted wood.

kinda, but there is actually more wood, it goes into the pickup cavity. I also do them slightly thicker usually, than a bolt on neck.

Wow!

Surely one of the finest Superstrats ive seen in years. Do Jackson ever get "funny" about their designs being copied... AND done better than they can do? :D

Fabulous work dude.

the only company i know of that gets upset by using inspiration from their designs is Gibson. And, luckily, they only go after the bigger guys... or in the latest case, really really short midgetty fellas that live in hot cities :D But, Jackson is now Fender, so i imagine things will change soon, Fender are ruthless...

Wow!

Surely one of the finest Superstrats ive seen in years. Do Jackson ever get "funny" about their designs being copied... AND done better than they can do? :D

Fabulous work dude.

the only company i know of that gets upset by using inspiration from their designs is Gibson. And, luckily, they only go after the bigger guys... or in the latest case, really really short midgetty fellas that live in hot cities :D But, Jackson is now Fender, so i imagine things will change soon, Fender are ruthless...

Yeh? That's why there's copies of Fenders everywhere? Unless you were being sarcastic...

Wow!

Fabulous work dude.

Yeh? That's why there's copies of Fenders everywhere? Unless you were being sarcastic...

after 'ruthless' insert "about there headstock, im sure bodies will come later"