Gmc Swirl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this looks great.

Again cheers my friend!!!

the red? how it did?

I edid a red/yellow swirl on some wood today and it came out very nice. It must have been the water I used to other day. Didnt have any problems with it. I might do a red/yellow/orange swirl on one of my next bodies. I have two bodies on the way , one is gonna be a blue multicolour swirl and the other was gonna be a dna but it may now be the red/yellow/orange. not quite a dna.

did you dip bare wood? I was thinking about it. It seems like the finish wouldn't be as good as it could be if you dipped bare wood since you'd probably get a small amount of raised grain. I think it could be almost perfect if you started out w/ a primered body that had been sanded to about 1000grit.

did you dip bare wood? I was thinking about it. It seems like the finish wouldn't be as good as it could be if you dipped bare wood since you'd probably get a small amount of raised grain. I think it could be almost perfect if you started out w/ a primered body that had been sanded to about 1000grit.

If you dip bare wood you will end up with a cracked body very soon. As Blacknight said you have to prepare the body with sanding sealer (filler for porous wood too), base coat usually white also if Black approaches a different way and with very good results.

You have to use also a sealer like wax in bridge e neck screws to prevent water inside.

Just wondering if anyone has seen these on the bay Bad Swirls. I cant belive he wants $350 for something which your gonna have to strip and re-swirl. The lions claw is badly done and no monkey grip. He says they are steve via swirls... have you seens any ATD swirls looking like that?

Bad swirled body IMO and bad "half" monkey grip. I think anyone here would buy one. 350 CAN are about 290 US $ however I firmly think they aren't worth the money.

Nice work! You guys are really firing me up.

I read somewhere that the technique is to get the body in the water, then swirl coat while slowly removing the body. It seems to me you'd get less water trapped under the finish if the swirl coat was applied while lowering the body into the water instead.

Any thoughts?

wow, that makes me dizzy... you can barely tell where the holes are for trem. and pickups. crazy, nice job man, im trying to learn marbilization. costly..

i got a swirl idea for you, black and purple and maybe a midnight blue to fade between them with purple wiring and knobs. purple humbuckers..

Edited by big z