Professional Custom Builder

diminishedlogic

hey sam..welcome to the forum..there are plenty of us here that would be happy to work with you. can you give a basic idea of what you're looking for? i think all of us have certain areas that we're more comfortable with than others..well, i do anyway. :D

I can recommend Perry Ormsby, who resides here in Australia (which may or may not be suitable for you). He is an excellent builder, however keep in mind, as with any custom guitar builder, you have to be patient... which I am not so good at :D

So yeah, just keep that in mind, but that said, Perry's work is flawless. Check out http://www.ormsbyguitars.com. He has a bit of a backlog of work building up from what I can tell, but then again, in my opinion you'd have to be pretty lucky to find a talented professional builder that doesnt.

- Dan

Oh, and I dont think I could go without at least putting in a small plug for David Myka... who is THE MAN in the states haha B) Check out http://www.mykaguitars.com :D

Bill Moll does hollow body archtops, I dont know about custom (body styles, he'll customize his own design for sure though) orders though. He's a great guy to work with and he's been doing it for a long time so he knows what he's talking about.

http://www.mollinst.com

if thats not waht your looking for, I would definitely go with ormsby or myka.

Edited by silvertonessuckbutigotone

Not sure if he is accepting order right now, but you might what to try Ken Loper

www.KenLoperGuitars.com

Good guy, good builder, can make anything you can dream up from shapes to woods to electronics. He building one for me later in the year and I'm really picky. :D

I assumed since I haven't posted in here for more than a year it would have been deleted. Anyhow, I just spec'd this out quick.

25" scale

24 frets

Neck thru 7 piece laminate.

Ebony board

Custom made ss frets from tkinstruments.com

Chambered mahogany body

Kinman 56 neck and middle pickup WCR darkburst pickup.

Yamaha Frank Gambale body style with carved quilted maple top and a white/black grain filling background.

Hipshot floating trem. with tremelno (of course)

0 radius neck.

No inlay.

welcome back sam...i don't know about deleting unused members...i really don't think that happens.i am sure if you remember your password you could get in.

but my suggestion is that you p.m. kevan and ask him to close your previous accounts out if you plan on keeping this one.

as far as the guitar goes,you should look at mykas work...he does jazz guitars and such...

Oh, and my 11 pound guitar.... Soon discovering the beauty of allan holdsworth, I stopped everything, shut up, and played for about a year straight. I did nothing else. And in this process I studied bebop, learned classical, and recently am studying the inflections and note choices of brett garsed, frank gambale, shawn lane, and allan holdswoth. This kind of brought me to amp tone. And, I looked at the half completed/finished jem in the corner of my closet. And started cracking up, I saw where I was going, but honestly, an evolution in the bridge and a floyd rose?!?!! That ain't exactly the

zenith of tone folks. As for the weight, I didn't mind, however... ever since playing a chambered TK instrument owned by my friend, I had a pretty damn good idea as to what I wanted.

an evolution in the bridge and a floyd rose?!?!! That ain't exactly the

zenith of tone folks.

one of the most toneful guitars i own is an alder 7 string with a floyd original...sounds better and has much more depth than either one of my gibsons or any of my t.o.m. guitars.

just goes to show that tone snobbery is just a bunch of guys hacking at what they don't like in a supercilious tone which they only THINK lends creedence to their logic challenged maunderings.

I actually think Snorkenstein is pretty talented, he's just young.

When I started building guitars, I did much the same thing, jumping around from one wood to the next to the next to the next...

I did the same thing with music when I was very young, so I think I understand where SnorkTheBjork is coming from, and he has got some great guitarists listed as foundation material.

Now, how well he can ~play~ them is a different matter, I wouldn't mind a sound clip to ehhh, 'back up' that heavy list of playuhs, :D hehehe...

But anyone who likes everyone from Zappa to Holdsworth can't be all bad, those are two of my all time favorites! (I will forgive them for not being Tele players tho...)

just goes to show that tone snobbery is just a bunch of guys hacking at what they don't like in a supercilious tone which they only THINK lends creedence to their logic challenged maunderings.

Broke out the big words on that one, didn't ya Wes? Haha, I won't lie... I had to grab the dictionary for a few of 'em.

:D

well i just noticed i misspelled credence...i think i just stuttered on the "e"..

yeah it's my sarcastic sense of humor that makes me type that way when i think someone is sounding a bit self important..i am sure i am the only one that finds it funny...but it just tickles my sense of irony to counter a post of self importance with another post full of self importance...

well....it's funny to ME anyway

i must give myself one of these now :D