Ibanez Guitar Body Need Help Identfying The Model

It doesn't look like an Ibanez. If it is, it's one of the SA's or something. It's certainly not a Radius. It's probably not an Ibanez. It's also probably Korean, not Japanese. The AANJ bolt holes are off from a typical Ibanez, too. The front treble bolt is pulled in too far. The pickup routes aren't Japanese Ibanez, and they look a little sloppy. The trem stud anchors look very slim, so it's probably not even a Korean Ibanez. They always used a fatter anchor. It's probably something from Samick, like an off brand. It does look pretty cool, though. Kind of like the BSB JS1000. (which it clearly is not)

Are you the one selling it, or are you looking to bid on it?

It doesn't look like an Ibanez. If it is, it's one of the SA's or something. It's certainly not a Radius. It's probably not an Ibanez. It's also probably Korean, not Japanese. The AANJ bolt holes are off from a typical Ibanez, too. The front treble bolt is pulled in too far. The pickup routes aren't Japanese Ibanez, and they look a little sloppy. The trem stud anchors look very slim, so it's probably not even a Korean Ibanez. They always used a fatter anchor. It's probably something from Samick, like an off brand. It does look pretty cool, though. Kind of like the BSB JS1000. (which it clearly is not)

Are you the one selling it, or are you looking to bid on it?

i was gonna buy it the guy selling it listed it as an ibanez body that was a prs style. its not really an ibanez he bought it from some nobody so im not gonna bid.

thanks all, Adam

• 2 weeks later...
Looks more like a Radius. An R540LTD to be exact, by the H/S/H configuration. I don't know if they made them with the AANJ though. But the pickup selector position fits neither the S nor R series. Search the Ibanez Register Gallery.

Yep, that's a Radius 540. For thsoe that don't know, it is the predecessor of the Saber series and the guitar that the Satriani models were based upon.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

Nope, nevermined.  It's not a radius like I previously said.  None of the Radius bodies had an AANJ that I'm aware of.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...

for what its worth, thats definately a radius. my friend has a similar if not identical ibanez radius in the same color,pickup config and AANJ. i'm wondering if its a prototype or japanese-only model because i've been trying to identify it for her with no success. i've been through every single ibanez catalog and i cant find it.

might be able to post some pics if anyone's interested.

To my knowledge there are no AANJ radius/JS models. There is one exception though, the Radius 540RLTD. It's only made one year in short run. And it's a sought after model. I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection.

Looking at pic posted my first reation was that we're dealing with a 540RLTD......

Here is pic of one.

540RLTDRear2.jpg

As it has the right shape, the right curvature of the body......but some things don't add up. The location of the volume control is not exactly in right spot, the neck pocket is partly sprayed (something Ibanez normally doesn't do), the color is not a typical Ibanez color.... and the pup routes are not like Ibanez would do it, trem backplate is also (judging through trem route) not the right Ibanez type (more Fender type trem cover, with the small holes.) ... trem posts are flimpsy.....and finally......I'm not aware of HSH type 540RLTD's.

That's just judging the pic. Best would be to have more details of neck pocket, and scribles/markings inside it. Also would like to see back off guitar.......how does control back plate look like......how does control cavity look like (shape of it).

I know Ibanez made many strange out of wack protoypes. This perfectly could be one of them.......at same token it could be copy carver type copy of 540RLTD.

This would make most sense.......this way the shape would be spot on, but rest wouldn't add up.

Without more detailed pics I'm voting for this route.

Also you could post a pic on Jemsite/forum......Rich might know.

Yeah, no kidding, you guys need to shut up about it being a Radius. I collect them, and believe me, this is no Radius. It's not even an exact copy of the body shape. This whole debate is a waste of time unless we're discussing what it might be OTHER THAN a Radius and NOT BEING Japanese. The binding alone should have been enough for all of you.

:D

my bad,i didnt notice the binding in the pic,thought it was a shadow. i thought the volume knob placement was a little off though.

as for radiuses not having AANJs, here are some pics of my friend's still-unidentified radius.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/unsane666/radius1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/unsane666/radius2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/unsane666/radius3.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/unsane666/radius4.jpg

540RLTD perhaps?