2 Gothic Guitars

@curtis p - i dont really know what each thing on the bridge actually does, but ive played around with it a little and it seems lower but i am getting 'fret buzz'.

The body part of the body that is body shape of the V. The middle part of the V is more like a U.

@crafty - the pickups in the humbucker are joined together and have no split in the middle of the two. If i push down on one of the pickups, there is a sort of see - saw effect.

@curtis p - i dont really know what each thing on the bridge actually does, but ive played around with it a little and it seems lower but i am getting 'fret buzz'.

How is the neck relief? You may need to adjust the truss rod to get proper neck relief, provided you have't gone too low. If you have gone too low with lowering the strings, then you'll need to raise them slightly.

@crafty - the pickups in the humbucker are joined together and have no split in the middle of the two. If i push down on one of the pickups, there is a sort of see - saw effect.

Humbuckers are supposed to be like that, if I'm understanding you correctly.

GBT

Dude, head over to Stewmac's website for an overview of how pickups are put together; a humbucker is a single pickup, composed of two coils wired in series that are firmly affixed to a baseplate. Also, if you're having trouble identifying what parts on a bridge do (even a Floyd can be worked out pretty quickly), I strongly suggest you get a copy of Dan Erlewine's 'How to make your electric guitar play great', possibly just the 'Guitar Player Repair Guide' if you want more in-depth stuff, because seriously? You shouldn't be messing with a guitar until you know exactly the goal you're trying to achieve. It's not hard, but it does require a bit of reading.

Edited by mattia

Agreed. Put the guitars down and read up on how they actually work. One of the best books, if you can find it down under, is "The Complete Guitarist". It'll walk you through every little part of the guitar and get you up to speed. If you don't know your truss rod from your fretboard, you need to read up.

Seriously, we can't help you if there's no baseline. Start out by reading the basic tutorials on the main website, too.

:D

*wipes tear from eye*

you are really going to ruin it,your jumping ahead,if you know what a 34'' scale bass means(sorry,i only know bass scales,not guitars) then you are halway there

it may look like crap,but if the neck and bridge are straight and messured correctly,it will work

but dont try it,unless you want to lose £100 :D

ive read up on everything except electronics and the forum rules, which i really should add a photo to it but i cant upload the pics of my guitar (windows 98).

ive decided to do the rr first with

- floyd rose

- mighty mite motherbuckers

- clear gibson bell knobs

- locking tuners

- ernie ball power slinky strings

right now everything has been taken apart and i have just bought my bridge and have to sand down the strings back due to bad finish.

not really everything but the basics. yeah black locking nut and i forgot to mention 5 trem springs!

heres my basic pic of the predicted finish:

gothrr.jpg

not really everything but the basics.

What good is it gonna do you if you don't know the basics. I'd put the guitars down, step away, and take some suggestions and advice from people so you don't totally mess up the guitars. Maybe buy a book, or find a couple different websites (That's how I learned what I know - Guitargeek, here, and a little bit of Harmony Central).

I think he mean he doesnt know absolutly everything, but does know the basics. A comma would help, as in:

"not really everything, but the basics"

yeah thats what i meant. Ive been learning from the project guitar website and forum and am pretty confident on how to paint and strip it.

im just lacking money to actually do it.

1st i have to buy the parts:

- mighty mite motherbuckers

- clear gibson bell knobs

- locking tuners

- ernie ball power slinky strings

and then ill start the body work.

i used a program called zmodeler to made a digital prediction.

digirr.gif

Edited by The Fatalities

• 1 month later...

its been a while and i have drilled, routed everything and have most of the parts.

the rest of the black hardware is coming in on monday. It is all sanded at 400 grit and will continue

to sand untill 1000. the neck is prepped. a few things i have to fill with filler but other than that

its ready to paint.

The strat project is now becoming the Tone Special project - ska themed black n white strat.

the parts for that are coming in on monday also and i can post screens of it.

heres a pic of it soo far. BTW: wheres that heatbox post?

DSC00030.jpg

i woldent bother going to 1000 grit 400 will suffice, i find that the paint grips better whith 400 grit anywho

hey and if u like the epi gothic searise man u shold check out the gibson voodoo

much cooler :D

OMG BTW that digital prediction looks FREAKIN SWEET

DSC00003.jpg

Thats my finished 'Stratonecaster' that has a black n white ska theme.

Pickup covers, knobs, tips and bolts are black and i have black and white

tuners but just not fitted yet.

The randy rhoads neck has been cut to a more pointy state and the body around the

neck pocket is going to be routed. so far i have all the neccessary parts.

• 2 weeks later...

ive decided to improve my design because im not happy with it. ill have to buy a router to do it tho.

im simply calling it the flying vampire

flyingvampire.jpg

my strats got all the regualr strat stuff and will be soon recieving more pampering, but so far:

All the regular strat stuff

same finish

black screws

black acessory kit

still waiting on these to arrive:

Seymour Duncan Hot Rail (bridge)

Seymour Duncan Cool Rail (neck)

Seymour Duncan Hot Stack (middle)

3 black trem saddles

3 fender black tuners

black string aligner thingy

how much ya rekon ill get on ebay for it?

the pickups are 400$ alone

Edited by The Fatalities

• 2 months later...

my strats got all the regualr strat stuff and will be soon recieving more pampering, but so far:

All the regular strat stuff

same finish

black screws

black acessory kit

still waiting on these to arrive:

Seymour Duncan Hot Rail (bridge)

Seymour Duncan Cool Rail (neck)

Seymour Duncan Hot Stack (middle)

3 black trem saddles

3 fender black tuners

black string aligner thingy

how much ya rekon ill get on ebay for it?

the pickups are 400$ alone

You won't get near $400. It's not a Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, or any other make. I'd say $200-$250 tops.