Nut widths available are: 1.650in(about the width of an average Strat with

9.5in or 12in radius),

1.6875in(about the size of a Les Paul with a 12in radius), 1.750in.(wide nut

for guitars like Ibanez

and Jackson/Charvel, with 12in radius)

Routing dimenions are available at www.floydrose.com in the information

section.

YEY!! B):D:D

I personally don't care for headless guitars - the headstock design of a guitar is the first thing I look at. To have one without tuners would look pretty strange though but probably better than none at all.

I also don't care for the look of the nut on that speedloader. I know the original locking nut isn't exactly invisible either but the speedloader nut just attracts too much attention to it in my opinion. I have no doubt the same was said of the original floyd bridge system when it came out though.

Once again, I sound like a grumpy old man - this probably belongs in the soap box section. Floyd Rose - please don't take away the pegheads/headstocks from our guitars :D !!!

I got to play with a SpeedLoader about a year ago. It's pretty neat, but....you run into a lot of Steinberger-isms:

- Kooky lookin' headstocks. If you do have tuners, they're just dead weight. If you have a blank headstock with no holes, it looks....unfinished IMO. Check out the BC Rich Warlock (I think it was the Warlock..the quilted red one). There's just something.....missing.

- Parts? Pfft...just dump the contents of your wallet on the floor. Kick it over to them.

-Routing. No way, buster. I'm not routing my guitar for that. Drop it in, or drop it off. Sorry.

- STRINGS!!! Now, the guys at FR told me that they're workin' on deals with all the major manufacturers of strings so they'd available "everywhere", but......so did Steinberger. It comes down to a Spinal Tap Managment question: Can I find SpeedLoader strings in the middle of the night in Austin?

It's great to be able to change strings in the middle of a solo, but....only if you have the strings.

:-)

i've got to say that yes, the headstocks definitely look plain like on the bc rich NJ's, but i saw one bc rich (i believe the link was on the floyd rose site) where the headstock had like a piece of clear acrylic in the center with the logo on it, i thought that really looked cool. even without the tuners, i thought it looked guite nice.

i've got to say that yes, the headstocks definitely look plain like on the bc rich NJ's, but i saw one bc rich (i believe the link was on the floyd rose site) where the headstock had like a piece of clear acrylic in the center with the logo on it, i thought that really looked cool. even without the tuners, i thought it looked guite nice.

Thats how they showed them when they were first introduced @ NAMM. It also kinda looked like it was lit up with an LED or something...pretty cool indeed. Actually my friend has just bought an NJ series warlock with the speedloader. I have yet to play it but he keeps telling me how great it is so...

The Speedloader is a really great system that Floyd Rose has come up with. I would get one, myself, however, I only see one tradeoff, and that is the fact that I have to stop using the brand of strings I usually use and start using the Speedloader Strings made by Floyd Rose, and that's something I am just reluctant to do. I have been playing guitar for a year now, and I have made only four string changes (each of them individually) before I finally decided to get a full set of strings. The strings my axe came equipped with only lasted me a month, and once I noticed that my high E string was thicker than my B string, that's when I KNEW I had to change my strings COMPLETELY! My first set of Strings was a 11-50 set of GHS Boomers. I screwed up in changing the strings (at this time is when I first learned how to restring a guitar myself), so I ordered an 11-52 DYL gague set of GHS Boomers, which had the G-String wound just like the last three strings, somewhat like acoustic guitar strings. Those things lasted me a good three months, and when my G-string finally decided to give out and break on me, the timing was perfect, because the Zakk Wylde signature gagues of GHS Boomers were released right around that time (10-60 for the normal Zakk Wylde Boomers, and 11-70 for the low-tuned Zakk Wylde Boomers). As a matter of fact, the release of those two gagues coincided with the week of my 19th birthday. I bought two sets of each from the web, and my local music store carries the 10-60 Zakk Wylde Boomers, and those are the strings I use today.

Now the Speedloaders are out, and I know I want a Floyd Rose! The ABSOLUTE Last thing I want to do is switch brands of strings. I don't know what kind of strings the rest of you use, but GHS Boomers have been my best friends for almost as long as I have had my guitar! I don't plan on getting a set of another company's strings. That's why I'll just get the Original Floyd Rose on my axe first, and wait until other companies start making strings for the Speedloaders (and I happen to be waiting on GHS to make another line of their Boomers designed for Speedloaders), and if that doesn't happen, then I'm waiting about 17 years to get a Speedloader Bridge.

• 2 weeks later...