Starting A New Guitar

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, but for some reason, I keep thinking the bottom part of the guitar body was traced from a Budda picture.

:D sometimes people have WAY to much time on there hands :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

• 2 years later...

Ok I dug up this old thing, Ive got all the parts on the way, with this one I wount be building the neck I orderd the neck from doug a long long time ago so I'll useing that one. I'll be useing a 7-string invader and a basic hardtail string thru bridge. This will be A set neck build

I will not start any new builds untill this one is done :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Ok Ive started work on this build, Ive moded the botom of the wings so that I dont have to worrie about the tips breaking off

RAZARguitars026.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/RA...Rguitars022.jpg

ok the pickup is in and so is the bridge :D for the record the Invader pickup is sooooooooo sexy!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

ok ive got the neck glued in, all went well but what a pain makeing the template for the pocket. this will be my first set neck guitar, Im sooooo picky about how perfect and tight i wanted the neck pockit that i made 8 templates before i did one that i felt was good :D I will be mounthing the bridge and than the pickup cavity today or the nextday than electronics cavity than some shapeing and sanding and than on to a finish

Ok Ive got alot of level sanding to do on the neck pocket But it came out nice!! also in about 20 min I'll be starting the eletronics cavity and than some work on the heel

RAZARguitars036.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/RA...Rguitars037.jpg

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo34/RA...Rguitars038.jpg

Ok the eletronics cavity is done and I started on the heel, so far so good I will take pics today for you guys

do you ever use anything but a single HUM?

LOL no man not really, its my thing

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

I know you're not new to this, but it seems the distance between the end of the fretboard and the bridge is really short.

Is the scale length right, or is it just an optical illusion?

There just seems to be so little space between the bridge and the neck. I'm just picturing trying to fit another HB and SC in there (HSH set up), and it looks impossible.....

Yeah, Matts bevels do come out nice and clean. As for the scale, i think its just an optical illusion as Matts not going mess that up. I don't know the scale length, it does *look* short, so maybe its a 24fret 25" scale. Also, that is 7 string hardware on there which is bigger obviously than 6, so it kinda throws off the scale of everything when looking at. Using one humbucker as well looks different slightly and he places it off the bridge a bit. So I think its just optical illusion.

I'm glad to see you back and at it Matt! Shortly after your trip to be an apprentice of sorts you kinda phased slowly out of here. Its cool to see your work and designs back in action! Nice work and keep 'em coming. J