Speakers for a guitar cab

sjaguar13

In today's world it is a buyer's market for speakers, there's as many tonal choices as there are ice cream flavors out there.

What kind of (guitar) cab are you sticking them in?

What amp are you using?

(I can't help much in the PA dept.)

2-12, 4-12, 4-10???

Open backed, closed backed?

What primary kind of music to be played?

What primary kind of guitar to be used?

Over the years I have gone thru dozens of different speakers for different app's.

So, what's yer perticular poisen? :D

Ahh I need 8, eight inch speakers but can't find any with lower than average bass responce, I know that 8inchers won't have a great bass reponce but I need some with just slightly lower responce, Also where its goin to be a 8X8" then bass shouldnt be to much of a prob(due to more speakers= Greater bass responce) But my 5 string(which I tune down to an A) makes my 2x10 flap and no matter have how much low compression I add(on my new trace elliot daul smx compressor :D) Its still flaps! my 15 inchers fine but just the 2X10 flaps. An 8X8 would be perfect deu to bein smaller and lighter than a 8X10".

Cheers, Rob

P.S I will be having bass ports and a tweeter

sounds like maybe you need to bi-amp and crossover. never built a big bass rig but that'd be the route i'd try. send the lows to the 15 and the mid/highs to the 10's.

This would be my choice too.

humm, still not conviced by the frequency responce, but they have a good power handeling, but a high impeadence, correct wiring should bring it down to 8 or 4 ohms

Rob

P.s has any one downloaded speaker 6?

• 6 months later...

i canabliize them from computer subwoofers there are nice 4-8 inch speakers in there, that have really good freq range.. from like 20hz up to 400hz. which for bass isnt' bad at all