Guitar Of The Month For July

Guitar of the Month for July  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This was a good month, simply for the wide range of options and skill levels. In the end, though, WezV's took it for me. I love that shape and I've never seen anything else like it, and that blue finish is just killer !

Congrats to everyone who entered, and best luck. :D

Very professional guitars this month, but my personal preference was Wez's. Neocon's paint job is quite intricate, but not really my style. The cigar box looked absolutely professional, but... I like more normal guitars. The shape on Zendrix's was very well done, but the wood didn't do it for me. It's a great piece, but the grain doesn't really work for me. Lee's was a close second, but for all the knobs, knobs, knobs. I really like the shape as far as pointy guitars go, but again, I would have chosen different wood. Great guitars this month, and congrats all!

I liked the rainforest paint job alot, with this and the jimi relic in the work in progress ection i am tempted to get the paints out :D

The cigar box is also great, seems like a lot more care has gone into it than people usually put into a CBG i wanna build one but the two cigar boxes i have are far too thin. Need more cigars!!

I like the contours and wood on the bass but i am distracted by the fact the bass wing is so much narrower than the treble side.

Lee's got a black limba body, that always does it for me but i dont like the maple headstock. I reckon you should try a laminated neck with contrasting woods if you do this again.

A bit about mine:

The shape is based on a fernandes ravelle (as i am sure alot of you have noticed), its not a direct copy though. When i am asked to do a guitar a certain shape i look at the guitar and draw my own version rather than focus on doing an exact copy. My cousin said he loved the fernandes shape but would never buy one because it was a fernades. I have developed the shape to make it more original (see website link below)

Its not really an arch/carved top. The maple top is quite thin and i just do a soft, shallow bevel around the edge and set the binding deeper to give the impression of a fully carved top on a budget.

The locking jack socket is probably not a great idea, people forget that its there and start tugging on the lead so i wouldnt be surprised if it breaks at some point and i have to replace it. How often do leads fall out anyway?

Hard for me to get hepped up by a pointy guitar...sorry guys!

And as much as I admire Wes's build, I'm just plain sick n' tired of all the quilted/flamed maple around here...a personal thing, I realize a lot of you guys think it's ain't a guitar if it doesn't have a flamed top.

So as usual, I'm voting for Hitone, this guy just strikes a chord with me with his guitars. And this one goes way beyond 'cigar box' and really is a thing of elegant beauty in its own right. Of course, that might just be the snazzy photography, but there you go. :D

Dont worry mickguard, i tend to avoid doing too much with flamed maple but i knew it would suit my cousin down to the ground, i do try and be a bit different to the norm.

I have a LP jnr just about finished that i need to make the pickguard for soon, probably more your tastes :D

Had to vote for the bass, looks comfy and solid.I'd change the knobs though but thats just me, but in my opinion that doesnt reflect the build itself because they are simple to change out. Great job to all! :D

Edited by scottyd

I have a LP jnr just about finished that i need to make the pickguard for soon, probably more your tastes :D

I think at the end of the year, we should have an LP Jr fashion show...not a contest, more like a runway thing...seems like EVERYONE's building a Junior this year (myself included). I say end of the year because at the rate I'm going, I'm going to need the time :D

...seems like EVERYONE's building a Junior this year

So..... any idea on next year's fashion ?

I could do with a bit of headstart. :D

Congrats. WezV

Isn't it funny that with 6000+ members we still haven't broken 100 votes?

That is quite sad but as was mentioned in the 6000 member topic, there aren't a whole lot of active members in the scheme of things. The ones that are active are great - I learn a great deal. Its a shame we don't have more regular contributors though.

Oh and Wezv's guitar rocks - love the shape, color and finish!

Well considering that you have more than twice as many votes as the guitar in second place I think you can justifiably celebrate. :D

Well considering that you have more than twice as many votes as the guitar in second place I think you can justifiably celebrate. :D

Fair point , but i dont want to get cocky about it!! :D You never know when those other 5895 members will turn up to vote.