Behringer V-Amp 2

mullmuzzler

• 2 years later...

[quote name='weezerboy' date='Oct 29 2003, 11:07 AM']one great thing about the v-amp2 is that you can download hundreds of new patches for it for free.
[right][snapback]32467[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

WHERE???

I have my Vamp 2 for a year now and it works gr8!!
I also have korg ax1000g and the sound is similar to Vamp, only thibng that i miss greatly is that Vamp doesnt have hall effect so i combine thouse two processors together and it sounds amaizing.

So if anyone is interested my setup is:
b.c.rich 7 Mike Thompson signatured warlock axe
marshall 100W head (like 1000 years old with 5 lamps)
5x12 inch Randall box
Behringer Vamp2+Korg ax1000g+crybaby wah pedal
Proel diehard cabels(I found them the best, at least here in croatia)

I had zoom 505(it was my first proc) so i guess i dont have anything good to say about it but i must admit that i never tried beter zoom so i can not say.

[quote name='croaticum' date='Jan 6 2006, 03:37 PM'][quote name='weezerboy' date='Oct 29 2003, 11:07 AM']one great thing about the v-amp2 is that you can download hundreds of new patches for it for free.
[right][snapback]32467[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

WHERE???

[right][snapback]246446[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[url="http://www.behringer.com/05_support/tonelibrary.cfm?lang=ENG"]http://www.behringer.com/05_support/tonelibrary.cfm?lang=ENG[/url]

Nice revival!

It always gives me a warm fuzzy when 2-year-old threads are revived. <grin>

I got the TonePort UX2 for Xmas, and imagine my delight when I discovered that I could download the user-created Tone Library for the PODXT and that any incompatible models would atomatically be substituted? Cool.

But not half as cool as discovering the "Crafted by Line6" patches that are part of GuitarPort online, and are not only more compatible (no need for model subs) but have more informative names and usable tones.

Joy!

10 pages X 50 patches per page, though, and unlike the user library, you can't download them all in one zipfile. 500 individual clicks to get'em all. But you gotta get'em all! :D

Greg

I've had a V-amp 2 in my practice board for years now. I like em. The high gain sounds are better than the cleans, but hey. Only problem is the delay in switching between patches. But this can be reduced by switching off the cab sim (or using the same cab sim in all the patches). As for effects, they're not tc-electronics but for the price you can't go wrong. Works loverly with the FCB-1010 foot controller :D

I put it in my main rig so i can have stereo sounds along with my other preamp (this sounds massive!)

If you look around you can get em cheap as well.

:D

I obviously have no idea what you really plan to do with whatever processor you choose, but if you want to use its wah function you will need something with an expression pedal. you may be able to attach a passive volume pedal to it to control it as a wah pedal, i dont know. If you are looking at a processor mainly for the amp modeling, the v amp2 should work. if you are getting one more for the effects, get a digitech. Ive found that whether you get a digitech or a beringer or a korg or whatever else you can find, you can usually get a pretty good sound from it, they all work pretty good.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the V-Amp BASS is more use dimensional than the guitar V-Amp. As it's designed to be used with Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Keyboard, oh yeah and Bass. I like mine. Used it for a bit of guitar stuff, but is not great for guitar by any stretch. For that matter I haven't 'liked' anything I've messed with that Behringer has done for guitar.

In those price ranges, personally, nothing beats Line6 POD in tones.
I have a Behringer [i]amp[/i] but to me it's just watts. I never use its fx because it is lame..
I tried some Behringer pedals, not alot, but I didn't like the sounds too much too... 'cheesy'
Of course it's an inexpensive multi fx so it may sound a bit artificial, but POD's do a much better job
Their amps and fx are one of the best and ppl may say it's 'digital' but in a blind test, it's impossible to guess what's what.
Personally I have the GT8 and some other boss single pedals
As far as durability goes, Behringer generally makes a solid, working products. Durable.

ALSO the important thing is your Amp and Guitar. Obviously different combinations give a different style/tone/etc.

I also tried Korg too. First I was very surprised to see how much you can do.. or it says you can do.
But maybe it was because nobody was helping me out how to use it, but the presets seemed very limited..
I mean.. those presets are there to basically impress you or Korg is trying to tell the consumers THIS is what it can do..

You should try those new Behringer single fx pedals line that were in the NAMM show.. wait.. are they out yet?

P.S. for wah. I tried Tonelab, GT8, PODxt live, Korg, Boss ME-5.. pretty much most of the multifx board in that price range. Never got what I wanted, but GT8 has a good bite and Tonelab has a good ring to it.. but overall I think wah pedals are s'pose to be on their own. Zakk Wylde's wah is pretty cool.. may not be practical.. but that head-ripping sound... makes me think of a butter getting sliced by a iron thread...

ANYWHO... don't forget to research too.. like Harmony-Central a.k.a. The Land of the 10's. but some are pretty accurate in my opinion.

ciao :D

Edited by redwhiteandthemaple

[quote name='redwhiteandthemaple' post='250953' date='Feb 1 2006, 11:53 PM']
In those price ranges, personally, nothing beats Line6 POD in tones.
[/quote]

That I will argue! Granted, the POD's have some benefits (especially because Behringer gain sux period) but in the BASS arena the V-AMP Bass Pro (for $170) is a substancially better VALUE than the POD Bass Pro (for $700) hands down! I spent a fair amount of time A/B'g the two units and I couldn't find any justification for the extreme difference in pricing.

If it's for home recording rather than gigging, there's the Line6 TonePort, which has 16 of the PODxt's amp models (upgradeable to as many as 76), along with 5 of the Bass POD's models. All for less than $200, which is the best value for money you can possibly find as a home recording hobbyist.

Plus, it has vocal preamp models! :D All in a low-latency ASIO device!

If you look into the TonePort line, I highly recommend the extra $ for the UX2, but if you truly know that you never ever ever will need the Phantom Power or S/PDIF connector, I guess the UX1 still looks aight.

:D