The "angel"

Might as well throw this one out there too! It's still a work in progress, but I took these pix last week. #3 is the Angel, a 4-string fretted bass: curly maple top; black walnut back; 5-piece bloodwood/cherry/walnut thru-neck; 26-fret bloodwood fretboard; Kent Armstrong P-J pups with a Demeter 18-volt 3-band eq/preamp; gold tuners, bridge, knobs, straplocks; brass nut, inlays, side dots. This one's coming along real well, I think!

180718.jpg180720.jpg

Whoa!

Very original and very effective too.

My favourite of the three

• 1 year later...

Hey Everyone-

Just wanted to jump in here for a minute and thank you all for the compliments and criticisms; all are appreciated. When I first started building, my thought was to build an instrument that I just couldn't get anywhere else. After all, what would be the point in making a copy of something I could go out and buy off the wall at Guitar Center? So yes, all my designs are "weird" (I prefer "unique"), and some border on experimental. Judging from the amount of interest and the number of orders I've received lately (following a successful sale on ebay), I think I'm on the right track.