Ibanez Refinish And Other Projects

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some progress:

kuva0012311zl0.jpg

Got the side dots in, fb glued, neck tapered and roughly bandsawed to thickness, headstock bound and neck pocket template done.

I also routed the depth of carve on the side. I was going to route the neck pocket today, but I noticed that my bit ain't long enough. :D

Some more pics: Heel, mitre shot, headstock

The binding on the headstock is not completely flush yet. Everything is quite rough at the moment.

Can't really get anything done until I get a 2 inch template bit. Maybe the frets...

Jester, that is coming together very nicely. The neck land body look great, and I think dark green is the perfect color for this. Keep up the good work. :D

Slabbefusk, how did you make those color renderings?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a week of down time, but this week I got some of more work done.

Routed out the neck pocket, pup routes and a roundover on the back. Rough carved the top with the angle grinder.

Plus some random stuff that needed to be sorted out like templates and stuff. Had a few feckups, but I think I've sorted them out.

It's taking shape! Gonna finish the carve on the weekend and if I have the time, start on the frets.

My camera has mysteriously stopped working so no new pics untill I sort that out.

Got the clear coats done. I'll let it dry for about 2 weeks or more and buff it out. It's looking great!

I'll try to find a working camera...

On another note, I'm already planning the next build(s). Here's a sneek peak of something I drew last night:

cannondudderpq7.gif

The Cannondudder :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
You need to redo the photos in the guitar of the month thread, they really dont do it justice like some of the photos in here do of the headstock etc, give the beaty some natural light! Good luck on your entry, its an excellent piece of work.

+1, I can't see the guitar through all that glare! :D Just kidding, the finish is really great, you've really taken your time on this. I love all the details on the neck, the laminations, the binding, everything looks flawless. I really like this guitar (and not just because it's a PRS shape, or has figured maple) because of the quality. You should be proud!

Looks great, i'm becoming jealous of your skills :D. I also love your new design, do I see right that the neck extends through both pickup cavities? Did you carve the top the sameway as the test piece? (With a router?)

I have hopes for my next guitar after what I've heard, I'm currently doing an internship in Sweden and drinking plenty of Scandinavian water! :D