What Amp should I get

hezochiah

I'm probably going to purchase a new amp in the near future. A friend at work just got a Marshall 30 watt with the effects built in, (can't remember the model) and he paid about $270. I know that I could get a Randall 75 watt for about $330. I plan on spending about $300-$350 and was wondering what you guys recommend. I want something with a nice full sound that I can get a good metal to classic rock tone on the dirty channel but will also give me a nice clean channel. Thanks for any suggestions. :D

I'm not sure if any of you have played these, but I've seen the the Line 6 212 DuoVerb Combo for about $500. It showed a list of $1800 on it. Is this so cheap because it's a crap amp or is it just a great buy?

I just want to get something that if I ever get good enough to play live I can get enough power out of it. It seems that everyone likes tube amps but I don't know crap about those. I should probably just try some but I know the tube amps are usually a lot more money.

Too many choices... Not enough cash :D

look at the plain old randall 100 watt head,goes for about $350

berihnger 4 by 12 cabinet=$200 for 400 watts...jensen speakers.

it will give you what you are looking for

I think I need to stick with combos for right now. Combination of townhouse life and ease of transport issues (sometimes I bring my stuff to work). I'm just going to try some out at GC this weekend. Look at the Marshalls and Randalls (not sure if they carry those or not) and probably some other stuff just to see what suits me best. Thanks for the input guys I appreciate it. I just know a lot more about guitars than I do amps.

peavey has really improved over the last several years, inexpensive too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you guys know that I got the new Line6 Spider 2 1x12. It's a pretty sweet amp. My friend at work has the original Spider and brought it in and I thought that was cool so I tried the newer model at GC and had to get it. I wanted to get the Flextone III but can't afford it right now, but will probably get it with my tax refund in a few months. :D

I know a lot of people don't like these but for what I need it's great. It's small and loud (75 watts) and gives me lots of different sounds. Anyway, just thought I'd give you an update. B)

• 4 weeks later...
A friend at work just got a Marshall 30 watt with the effects built in, (can't remember the model)

Could this amp be the Marshall MG30DFX? I've got one of these and it's the best amp I've ever owned!!! They're seriously good! i think i got mine for about :D £130 (i dunno what that is in B) dollars!)