BlackTune"O"matic bridge

Black wilkinson tuning keys

Duncan '59 humbucker

th_100_0445.jpg

th_100_0448.jpg

th_100_0451.jpg

more pics soon!

Philippe

I like the way yours is going.A Tele with a TOM very cool.You have the nicest and cleanest bench I have ever seen.Please never invite me and my skilsaw over.Your router isn't even dusty.Mine is encrusted

Edited by !WOOD!!

I like the way yours is going.A Tele with a TOM very cool.You have the nicest and cleanest bench I have ever seen.Please never invite me and my skilsaw over.Your router isn't even dusty.Mine is encrusted

This was my last bench so there is not luxury here!

100_0090-1.jpg

Do you have some idea for the F-hole? I want to do something different... something like this

Thanks!

Philippe

looks great!! i love the grain of ur top do you have any close up pics of it?

100_0464.jpg

This is a naptha covered top from another build, but with the same wood. Looking sweet! I will experment with some dye to see what i can do with that stuff.

Jon, i borrow the idea from a milling machine. I put 3/8"-16 T-nuts a the back of my bench, extended the bolt with the plastic knob. You can't move the piece on the table with two clamp tited! It's great and cheap :D

Thanks!

Philippe

So did you buy this bench, or build it? I'm getting a lot of ideas for my future work bench from this build!

I built it; 4X4" stud at each corner linked by 2X6" stud. the top is made from two poplar plywood glued together. Four sealer lacquer coat, and i wax it every month. So if glue drop fall on my table, it's easily remouvable. Voilà la recette! :D

Thanks!

See ya,

Philippe

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Great work Philippe! I love the guitar and the shop. It's often underestimated how important it is to have a clean, well-lit, and organized shop in order to do the job right. I know this firsthand, and not in a positive way :D .

I think you made the right call on the traditional f-holes too. Very classy build.